Main Article Content
In this study, a wideband low profile microstrip antenna design for C-band applications is presented. The proposed antenna consists of a monopol log periodic patch in the equilateral triangular dimensions with the microstrip line fed and a rectangular ground plane. The antenna has 9×19.8 mm2 overall size, thickness of 1.6 mm and 4.3 dielectric constant. According to the simulation results, the proposed antenna has a very wide bandwidth while operating in the frequency band of 4.25-7.95 GHz and 5 GHz resonance frequency. The proposed antenna was also prototyped on FR4 substrate with the 0.02 tangent loss and the measurement results were quite similar by the simulated results.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- C.A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design. John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2005.
- R. Garg, P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook. Artech House, Boston, 2001.
- Federal Communications Commission, First report and order, Revision of Part 15 of commission's rule regarding UWB transmission system FCC 02-48, Washington, 2002.
- P.A. Ambresh, P.M. Hadalgi, and P.V. Hunagund, Planar microstrip slot antenna for S & C band wireless applications, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 435(1):12-22, 2013.
- J.A. Ansari, S. Verma, M.K. Verma, and N. Agrawal, A novel wide band microstrip-line-fed antenna with defected ground for CP operation, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 58: 169-181, 2015.
- A. Amini, and H. Oraizi, Miniaturized UWB log-periodic square fractal antenna, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters 14: 1322-1325, 2015.
- S.A. Nasir, S. Arif, M. Mustaqim, and B.A. Khawaja, A log-periodic microstrip patch antenna design for dual band operation in next generation Wireless LAN applications, IEEE 9th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), Islamabad, Pakistan, 2013.
- H.G. Foshtami, H.A. Talkhouncheh, and H. Emami, Wideband log-periodic microstrip antenna with elliptic patches, Journal of Information Systems and Telecommunication, 1(2): 113-117, 2013.
- G.A. Casula, P. Maxia, G. Montisci, G. Mazzarella, and F. Gaudiomonte, A printed LPDA fed by a coplanar waveguide for broadband applications, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 12: 1232-1235, 2013.
- HyperLynx®3D EM Version 15, Mentor Graphics, Wilsonville, 2015.
- Ansys H.F.S.S. Versiyon 15, ANSYS Corporation Software, Pittsburgh, 2014.