Main Article Content
This paper presents a novel compact coplanar waveguide (CPW) monopole fractal-shaped antenna using fractal patch composed of hexagons with defected ground plane. Inclusion of a pair of S-shaped slots on the ground plane is used to extend the antenna impedance bandwidth and to provide multiband operation. The antenna has a compact size of 35×35×1.27 mm3 which is compact. The antenna is designed, fabricated and measured. Good performances in terms of return loss, gain and radiation pattern are obtained in the operating bands, which makes the proposed antenna a good candidate for multiband wireless systems. The obtained results show that the antenna operates at Bluetooth,Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX), and Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).
- Boufrioua A., Microstrip antennas modelling for recent applications. New York (USA): Nova Science Publishers INC, 2016.
- Bakariya, P. S., Dwari, S., Sarkar, M., et al., "Proximity Coupled Multiband Microstrip Antenna for Wireless Applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 646–649, 2015.
- Bakariya, P. S., Dwari, S., Sarkar, M., et al., "Proximity-Coupled Microstrip Antenna for Bluetooth, WiMAX, and WLAN Applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 14, 755–758, 2015.
- Sze, J. Y., Hu, T. H., Chen, T. J., "Compact dual-band annular-ring slot antenna with meandered grounded strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 299–308, 2009.
- Hoang, T. V., Le, T. T., Li, Q. Y., et al., " Quad-Band Circularly Polarized Antenna for 2.4/5.3/5.8-GHz WLAN and 3.5-GHz WiMAX Applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1032–1035, 2016.
- Baek, J. G., Hwang, K. C., " Triple-band unidirectional circularly polarized hexagonal slot antenna with multiple L-shaped slits," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 9, 4831–4835, 2013.
- Abraham, J., Aju John, K. K., Mathew, T., " Microstrip antenna based on durer pentagon fractal patch for multiband wireless applications," 2014 International Conference on Information Communication and Embedded Systems (ICICES2014), Chennai (India), 1–5, 2014.
- Ryu, H. C., Ahn, H. R., Lee, S. H. et al., " Triple-stacked microstrip patch antenna for multiband system," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 24, 1496–1497, 2002.
- Falade, O. P., Gao, Y., Chen, X., et al., " Stacked-patch dual polarized antenna for triple-band handheld terminals," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 202–205, 2013.
- Liao S. J., Wong K. L., Chou L. C., "Small-size uniplanar coupled-fed PIFA for 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN operation in the laptop computer," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, 1023–1028, 2009.
- Elsheakh, D. M., Safwat, A.M. E., "Slow-wave quad-band printed inverted-F antenna (IFA)," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 8, 4396–4401, 2014
- Zaid, J., Abdelghani, M. L., Denidni, T. A., " CPW-fed multiband semifractal antenna for RFID reader applications," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, 1852–1853, 2015.
- Hong, J. S., Karyamapudi, B. M., "A general circuit model for defected ground structures in planar transmission lines," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, 706–708, 2005.
- Chakraborty, M., Chakraborty, S., reddy , P. S., et al., "High performance DGS integrated compact antenna for 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN band," Radioengineering, Vol. 26, No. 1, 71–77, 2017.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).