Main Article Content
We studied giant magnetoimpedance (GMI) effect in magnetically soft amorphous Co-rich microwires in the extended frequency range. From obtained experimentally dependences of GMI ratio on magnetic field and different frequencies we estimated the penetration depth and its dependence on applied magnetic field and frequency
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- D. P. Makhnovskiy, L. V. Panina, C. Garcia, A. P. Zhukov, and J. Gonzalez, Experimental demonstration of tunable scattering spectra at microwave frequencies in composite media containing CoFeCrSiB glass-coated amorphous ferromagnetic wires and comparison with theory, Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 74 No. 6: 2006.
- M. Ipatov, V. Zhukova, A. Zhukov and L. V. Panina, Microwave Metamaterials Containing Magnetically Soft Microwires, Advances in Science and Technology, 75: 224-229, 2010.
- L.V. Panina and K. Mohri, Magneto-impedance effect in amorphous wires," Appl. Phys. Lett., 65: 1189-1191, 1994.
- J. M. Blanco, A. Zhukov and J. Gonzalez, Effect of tensile and torsion on GMI effect in amorphous wire, J. Magn. Magn. Mat. 196-197: 377-379, 1999.
- A. Zhukov, A. Talaat, M. Ipatov and V. Zhukova, Tailoring the high-frequency giant magnetoimpedance effect of amorphous Co-rich microwires, IEEE Magn. Lett., 6: 2500104, 2015.
- A. Zhukov, M. Ipatov and V. Zhukova, Advances in Giant Magnetoimpedance of Materials, Handbook of Magnetic Materials, ed. K.H.J. Buschow, 24: chapter 2, 139-236, 2015.
- D. C. Jiles, Recent advances and future directions in magnetic materials. Acta Mater. 51: 5907-5939, 2003.
- D. Ménard, M. Britel, P. Ciureanu and A. Yelon, Giant magnetoimpedance in a cylindrical conductor, J. Appl. Phys. 84: 2805–2814, 1998.
- H. Lachowicz, K.L. García, M. Kuzminski, A. Zhukov and M. Vázquez, Skin effect and circumferential permeability in micro-wires utilized in GMI-sensors, Sensors and Actuators A, 119: 384-389, 2005.
- Hayt, William, Engineering Electromagnetics (4th ed.), McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-027395-2 , 1981.