Main Article Content
This paper presents a new approach for circular array of parasitic dipoles composed by one active dipole for reduction of side lobe level with maximum directivity including mutual coupling. The desired goal is obtained by changing the spacing between the parasitic elements and length of the parasitic elements while the position and length of driven element is fixed. In addition to it, reflection coefficient (RC) of the driven element is kept closer to the specified value. Matlab based method of moment code is used to evaluate the performance of circular antenna designs generated by QPSO algorithm. Two examples are presented to show the effectiveness of this proposed approach.
- R. S. Elliott, Antenna Theory and Design, Revised Edition. New Jersey: IEEE press, 2003
- M. I. Dessouky, H. A. Sharshar, Y. A. Albagory, "Efficient sidelobe reduction technique for small-sized concentric circular arrays" Prog. In Electromagn. Res., vol.65, 187-200, 2006.
- S.J. Blank and M. F. Hutt, "On the empirical optimization of antenna arrays" Antennas and Propagation Magazine, IEEE, vol.47 (2), 58-67, 2005.
- M. A. Panduro, A.L. Mendez, R. Dominguez, G. Romero, "Design of non-uniform antenna arrays for side lobe reduction using the method of genetic algorithm" Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEU), vol.60 (7), 713-717, 2006.
- M. Rattan, M. S. Patterh, B. S. Sohi, "Optimization of circular antenna arrays of isotropic radiators using simulated annealing" Int. J. Microw. Wirel. Technol., vol.1(5), 441-446, 2009.
- U. Singh, T. S. Kamal, "Design of non-uniformcircular antenna arrays using biogeography-based optimization" J. Microw. Antenna Propag., IET, vol.5 (11), 1365-1370, 2011.
- H. Wu, C. Liu, X. Xie, "Pattern Synthesis of Planar Nonuniform Circular Antenna Arrays Using a Chaotic Adaptive Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm" Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2014, Article ID 575860, 1-13, 2014.
- G. Ram, D. Mandal, R. Kar, S. P. Ghoshal, "Circular and concentric circular antenna array synthesis using cat swarm optimization" IETE Technical Review, vol. 32 (3), 204-217, 2015.
- M. Shihab, Y. Najjar, N. Dib, M. Khodier, "Design of non-uniform circular antenna arrays using particle swarm optimization" Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol.59 (4), 216-220, 2008.
- P. Ghosh, J. Banerjee, S. Das, S. S. Chaudhury, "Design of non-uniform circular antenna arrays an evolutionary algorithm based approach" Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 43, 333-354, 2012.
- V. S. S. S. C. Vedula, S. R. C. Paladuga, M. R. Prithvi, "Synthesis of circular array antenna for side lobe level and aperture size control using flower pollination algorithm" International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2015, Article ID 819712, 1-9, 2015.
- J. A. Rodriguez, A. Trastoy, J. C. Bregains, F. Ares, G. Franceschetti, "Beam reconfiguration of linear arrays using parasitic elements" Electron. Lett, vol. 42(3), 131–133, 2006.
- J. A. Rodriguez-Gonzalez, F. Ares-Pena, "Design of planar arrays composed by an active dipole above a ground plane with parasitic elements" Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol.119, 265-277, 2011.
- R. F. Harrington, "Origin and development of the Method of Moments for field computation" IEEE Antennas and Propagation Mag., 32(3), 31-35, 1990.
- R.F. Harrington, "Matrix methods for field problems" Proc. IEEE, 55 (2), 136-149, 1967.
- S. J. Orfanidis, Electromagnetic waves and antennas, Ch. 21, 2003 www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/ewa
- J. Sun, W. Fang, X. Wu, V. Palade, W. Xu, "Quantum-behaved particle swarm optimization: analysis of individual particle behavior and parameter selection" Evolutionary Computation, vol. 20(3), 349–393, 2012.
- J. Sun, W. Fang, V. Palade, X. Wu, W. Xu, "Quantum behaved particle swarm optimization with Gaussian distributed local attractor point" J. Appl. Math. Comput., vol. 218, 3763–3775, 2011.
- R. Muralidharan, A. Vallavaraj, G.K. Mahanti, A. Mahanti, "QPSO versus BSA for failure correction of linear array of mutually coupled parallel dipole antennas with fixed side lobe level and VSWR", Advances in Electrical Engineering, volume 2014, 1-7, Article ID 858290, 2014.
- H. Patidar, G.K. Mahanti, R. Muralidharan "Quantum particle swarm optimization for synthesis of non-uniformly spaced linear arrays with broadband frequency invariant pattern", Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, vol. 16 (3), 602-614, 2017.
- H. Patidar, G.K. Mahanti, R. Muralidharan "Synthesis of non-uniformly spaced linear array of unequal length parallel dipole antennas for impedance matching using QPSO", International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, vol.12(3), 172-181, 2017.
- H. Patidar, and G.K.Mahanti, "Comparison of evolutionary algorithms for synthesis of non-uniformly spaced linear array of unequal length parallel dipole antennas for impedance matching with low side lobe level" Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering, vol.9(3), 121-127, 2017.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).