Main Article Content
Existence of symmetric complex waves in a metamaterial dielectric rod and a perfectly conducting cylinder of circular cross section covered by a concentric layer of metamaterial, a metamaterial Goubau line, is proved. Analytical investigation and numerical solution of dispersion equations reveal several important properties of running waves inherent to open metal-metamaterial waveguides which have not been reported for waveguides filled with standard media.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- A. Sihvola, Metamaterials in electromagnetics, Meta- materials, 1: 3–10, 2007.
- D.R. Smith, J.B. Pendry, C.K. Wiltshire, Metamateri- als and negative refraction index, Science, 305: 788– 792, 2004.
- D.R. Smith, et al, Design and Measurement of Anisotropic Metamaterials that Exhibit Negative Re- fraction, IEICE Trans. Electron, Vol. E87-C, No. 3, 359–370, 2004.
- Y.V. Shestopalov, Resonant States in Waveguide Transmission Problems, Progress In Electromagnet- ics Research B, Vol. 64, 119–143, 2015.
- Y.V. Shestopalov, E.A. Kuzmina, A.B. Samokhin, On a Mathematical Theory of Open Metal-Dielectric Waveguides, Forum for Electromagnetic Research Methods and Application Technologies (FERMAT), 2014.
- A.P. Anyutin, I.P. Korshunov, A.D. Shatrov, High-Q Resonances of Surface Waves in Thin Metamaterial Cylinders, J. Commun. Technol. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 11, 1087–1091, 2014.
- V. Shestopalov, Y. Shestopalov, Spectral Theory and Excitation of Open Structures, IEE, London, 1996.
- Y.V. Shestopalov, E.A. Kuzmina, Waves in a Lossy Goubau Line, Proc. 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation EuCAP 2016, 1107–1111, 2016.
- E. Kartchevski, et al, Mathematical analysis of the generalized natural modes of an inhomogeneous op- tical fiber, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, Vol. 65, 2033–2048, 2005.