Main Article Content
In this paper, we resolve two issues of microstrip antennas, which are miniaturization and efficiency behavior. For that, a rectangular patch antenna with 16×18×1.6 mm3 dimensions with dual-band characteristics, was designed, fabricated and characterized. In order to improve the problem of narrow bandwidth in microstrip antennas, we implement in this study the slot technique, allowing us to achieve our purpose. This technique, lead to a good reflection coefficient and VSWR. The characteristics of the fabricated antenna were measured and analyzed by Vector Network Analyzer. The results show two resonance frequencies that define two bandwidths defined by a return loss less than -10 dB and are respectively; 7.47 GHz at a frequency of 400 MHz, and 11.01 GHz at a frequency of 790 MHz. Also, the obtained gain has a good value and it’s very remarkable according to the small size of the structure, with a peak value of 6.1 dB at 12.5 GHz. The small size and good characteristics enlarged the applications domains of our structure, from telecommunications and especially Radar, satellite communications to medical and wireless applications.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- S. Lakrit, H. Ammor, "Design on X-band Wideband and High-gain Multi-layer Microstrip Antenna", JESTR, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 176-179, 2014.
- R. Ghatak, S. Chatterjee and D. R. Poddar, "Wideband fractal shaped slot antenna for X-band application," in Electronics Letters, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 198-199, February 2012.
- David M. Pozar; Daniel H. Schaubert, "Modeling Techniques for Microstrip Antenna Elements," in Microstrip Antennas: The Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays, IEEE, 1995.
- M. T. I. Huque, et al., "Design and Simulation of a Low-cost and High Gain Microstrip Patch Antenna Arrays for the X-band Applications", International Conference on Network Communication and Computer ICNCC, New Delhi, India, March 21-23, 2011.
- M. Samsuzzaman, M. T. Islam and J. S. Mandeep, "Design of a Compact new shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for Satellite Application", ANAS, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 898-903, 2012.
- H. K. Kan, R. B. Waterhouse, A. M. Abbosh and M. E. Bialkowski, "Simple Broadband Planar CPW-Fed Quasi-Yagi Antenna," IEEE AWPL, vol. 6, pp. 18-20, 2007.
- M. A. Madi, M. Al-Husseini, A. H. Ramadan, K. Y. Kabalan, and A. El-Hajj, "A Reconfigurable Cedar-Shaped Microstrip Antenna for Wireless Applications," PIER-C, Vol. 25, pp. 209-221, 2012.
- S. Lakrit, H.Ammor, J. Terhzaz, A. Tribak, "Realization and Measurements of a Miniature Square Patch Antenna for Ultra-Wideband Applications", IJMOT, vol.10, no. 5, pp. 307-313, 2015.
- A. Srilakshmi, N. V. Koteswararao and D. Srinivasarao, "X band printed microstrip compact antenna with slots in ground plane and patch," 2011 IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems, Trivandrum, Kerala, pp. 851-855, 2011.
- S. Lakrit, H. Ammor, S. Matah, R. Karli, A. Saadi, J. Terhzaz and A. Tribak, "A new small high-gain wideband rectangular patch antenna for X and Ku bands applications", JTUS, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 202-207, 2018.
- S. Lakrit, H. Ammor, J. Terhzaz, M. Chaïbi, and À. M. Sànchez, "A New Compact Small Circular Patch Antenna for UWB Communication",journal of communications software and systems, vol. 11, no. 4, pp: 210-214, 2015.
- H.A. Majid, M.K.A. Rahim, M.R. Hamid, M.F. Ismail & F. Malek, "Frequency reconfigurable wide to narrow band monopole with slotted ground plane antenna", JEWA, vol. 26, nos. 11-12, 1460-1469, 2012.
- M. Salim and A. Pourziad, "A Novel Reconfigurable Spiral-Shaped Monopole Antenna for Biomedical Applications," PIERL, vol. 57, pp. 79-84, 2015.
- M. T. Ishtaique-ulHuque, M. K. Hosain, M. Shihabul Islam and M. Al-Amin Chowdhury, "Design and Performance Analysis of Microstrip Array Antennas with Optimum Parameters for X-band Applications", International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 81-87, 2011.
- J. S. Chieh and A. Pham, "A Bidirectional Microstrip X-Band Antenna Array on Liquid Crystal Polymer for Beamforming Applications," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 3364-3368, June 2013.
- S. Lakrit, H. Ammor, et al, "Design of a new high-gain multiband and wideband rectangular patch antenna for C, X, and Ku band applications", Walailak JST, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 339-351, 2017.
- M. M. Bilgic and K. Yegin, "Wideband Offset Slot-Coupled Patch Antenna Array for X/Ku-Band Multimode Radars", IEEE AWPL, vol. 13, pp. 157-160, 2014.
- M. Samsuzzaman and M. T. Islam, "Inverted S-Shaped Compact Antenna for X-Band Applications," The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, Article ID 604375, 11 pages, 2014.
- I. A. Fanyaev and V. P. Kudzin, "The eight-element vivaldi antenna array for X-band applications," 2013 IX Internatioal Conference on Antenna Theory and Techniques, Odessa, 2013, pp. 350-351.
- A. M. Abbosh, M. E. Bialkowski, "Uniplanar CPW-Fed Slot/Microstrip Antenna for X-Band Applications", Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, AP-S 5-11 July San Diego, CA, 2008.
- I. MRafiqul, A. A. Zahirul, J. Khan Feroze Akbar and S. Alkaraki, "Design of Microstrip Patch Antenna Using Slotted Partial Ground And Addition Of Stairs And Stubs For UWB Application", Cyber Journals: Multidisciplinary Journals in Science and Technology. Journal of Selected Areas in Telecommunications (JSAT), May Edition, 2012.
- C. A. Balanis, "Antenna theory, analysis and design", 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc; 2005.
- Y. Coulibaly, T. A. Denidni, and H. Boutayeb, "Broadband microstrip-fed dielectric resonator antenna for X-band applications," IEEE AWPL, vol. 7, pp. 341-345, 2008.
- K. Aggarwal and A. Garg, "A S-shaped patch antenna for X-band wireless/microwave applications," IJCCR, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 1-14, 2012.
- A. Harrabi, T. Razban, Y. Mahe, L. Osman, and A. Gharsallah, "Wideband patch antenna for x-band applications", Proceedings of the Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Stockholm, Sweden, 2013.