Main Article Content
In this paper, a miniature rectangular microstrip antenna over partial ground plane is presented by utilizing a space-filling property of fractal geometry in this design. It is simulated by High Frequency Software Simulator (HFSS) software, fabricated and tested by Vector Network Analyzer (VNA).Two types of slots are introduced in order to enhance antenna parameters such as bandwidth and return loss S1.1. This antenna is fabricated on FR4 substrate with a small size of (18 x 16 x 1.5) mm3, 1.5mm substrate thickness, 4.3 permittivity and 0.02 loss tangent. To feed this antenna, microstrip line feed is used. This antenna is implemented for wide bandwidth (4.8-11.6) GHz, and has three resonant frequencies at 5.5GHz, 8.3GHz and 10.7GHz with impedance bandwidth of 6.8GHz. The gap value g between partial ground plane and rectangular patch at top layer is optimized in order to achieve optimal simulated return loss S1.1 is (-46,-32,-14) dB at three resonant frequencies (5.5, 8.3, 10.7) GHz and optimal radiation efficiency of 93.42% with gain of 3.63dB. The simulated results have tolerable agreement with measured results. This antenna is suitable for wireless computer applications within C and X band communications.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- H. Rajabloo, V. A. Kooshki and H. Oraizi, "Compact microstrip fractal Koch slot antenna with ELC coupling load for triple band application," AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 73, pp. 144-149, 2017.
- S. Dwivedi, "Analysis and Simulation of Sierpinski Carpet Type Fractal Multiband Antenna for Wide Band Applications," International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp. 460-462, 2014.
- P. Mishra, S. S. Pattnaik and B. S. Dhaliwal, "Square-Shaped Fractal Antenna under Metamaterial Loaded Condition for Bandwidth Enhancement," progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 78, pp. 183–192, 2017.
- B. L. Shahu, S. Pal and N. Chattoraj, "A Compact Super Wideband Monopole Antenna Design using Fractal Geometries," Microwave Review, Vol. 20, No.2, pp 20-24, December, 2014.
- Z. Yu, J. Yu, X. Ran and C. Zhu, "A Novel Ancient Coin-Like Fractal Multiband Antenna for Wireless Applications," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2017. pp. 10 pages, 18 April 2017.
- M. GUPTA and V. MATHUR, "Koch fractal-based hexagonal patch antenna for circular polarization," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, pp. 4474-4485, 2017.
- P. Dalsania, B. Shah and V. V. Dwivedi, "Analysis of Multiband Behaviour on Square Patch Fractal Antenna," International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, pp. 76-78, 2012.
- J. S. Sivia and S. S. Bhatia, "Design of Fractal Based Microstrip Rectangular Patch Antenna for Multiband Applications," International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), pp. 712-715, 2015.
- F. Wang, F. Bin, Q. Sun, J. Fan and H. Ye, "A Compact UHF Antenna Based on Complementary Fractal Technique," IEEE Access, Vol. 5, pp. 21118-21125, September 26, 2017.
- P. Kaur, A. De and S. K. Aggarwal, "Design of A Novel Reconfigurable Fractal Antenna for Multi-Band Application," International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol.62, pp.103-112, 2014.
- M. Kumar, "Design and analysis of Minkoski fractal antenna using microstrip feed," International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), Vol. 3, Issue 1, ISSN 2319 - 4847, January 2014.
- H. Oraizi and S. Hedayati, "Miniaturized UWB monopole microstrip antenna design by the Combination of Giusepe Peano and Sierpinski carpet fractals," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation, Vol. 10, pp. 67-70, 2011.
- N. Sharmal, G. P. Singh and V. Sharma, "Miniaturization of fractal antenna using novel Giuseppe Peano geometry for wireless applications," 1st IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics. Intelligent Control and Energy Systems, 2016.
- M. Gupta and V. Mathur, "Koch boundary on the square patch microstrip antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Alexandria Engineering Journal (2017).
- H.A. Majid, M.K.A. Rahim, M.R. Hamid, M.F. Ismail and F. Malek, "Frequency reconfigurable wide to narrow band monopole with slotted ground plane antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, pp. 1460-1469, 2012.
- M. Salim and A. Pourziad, "A Novel Reconfigurable Spiral-Shaped Monopole Antenna for Biomedical Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 57, pp. 79-84, 2015.
- C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis And Design, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Fourth edition 2016.
- S. F. Abdulkarim, A. J. Salim, J. K. Ali, A. I. Hammoadi, M. T. Yassen and M. R. Hassan, "A compact Peano-type fractal based printed slot antenna for dual band wireless applications," IEEE international RF and Microwave Conference (RFM), Penang, pp. 329-332, 2013.
- S. O. Zakariyya, "Modeling of Miniaturized, Multiband and Ultra-Wideband Fractal antenna," M.Sc. Thesis, Institute of Graduate studies and research, Eastern Mediterranean University, Gazimagusa, North Cyprus, 2015.