Main Article Content
In this paper, a pentagon slot inside fractal circular patch microstrip resonator to design compact antenna over partial ground plane is introduced using 3rd iteration of adopted fractal geometry. This antenna is modeled on FR4 substrate with a size of (20 x 18) mm2, thickness of 1.5mm, permittivity of 4.3 and loss tangent of 0.02. The used type of feeding is microstrip line feed. It is designed to operate at wide frequency range of (4.5-9.3) GHz at resonant frequencies of 5.7GHz and 7.9GHz with impedance bandwidth of 4.8 GHz. Both lengths of ground plane Lg and width of feed line Wf are optimized in order to acquire optimum bandwidth. The simulated return loss values are -33 and -41 dB at two resonant frequencies of 5.7 and 7.9 GHz with gain of 3.2 dB. The simulated results offered noteworthy compatibility with measured results. Also, the proposed wideband microstrip antenna has substantial compactness that can be integrated within numerous wireless devices and systems.
- Y. S. Mezaal, "New Compact Microstrip Patch Antennas: Design and Simulation Results," Indian Journal of Science and Technology,vol. 9, no. 12, March 2016.
- M S. Tripathi, A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "Hexagonal fractal ultra-wideband antenna using Koch geometry with bandwidth enhancement," IETMicrowaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 8, no. 15, pp. 1445–1450, 2014.
- Sharma N, Sharma V. A design of Microstrip Patch Antenna using hybrid fractal slot for wideband applications. Ain Shams Engineering Journal (2017).
- M. Gupta, V. Mathur, Koch boundary on the square patch microstrip antenna for ultra-wideband applications, Alexandria Engineering Journal. (2017).
- Ali J., Abdulkareem S., Hammoodi A., Salim A., Yassen, M., Hussan, M., and Al-Rizzo, H.: Cantor fractal-based printed slot antenna for dual-band wireless applications. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 8, no. 2, 2016.
- Hatem Rmili, Donia Oueslati, Imen Ben Trad, Jean Marie Floch, Abdullah Dobaie,and Raj Mittra, " Investigation of a Random-Fractal Antenna Based on a Natural Tree-Leaf Geometry", Hindawi International Journal of Antennas and Propagation Volume 2017, Article ID 2084835, 7 pages.
- Rupleen Kaur, Satbir Singh, Naveen Kumar, "A Review of Various Fractal Geometries for Wireless Applications", International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Vol. 2, Special Issue, 34-36, 2015.
- H. A. Ghali and T. A. Moselhy, "Broad-band and circularly polarized space-filling-based slot antennas," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1946–1950, 2005.
- Nasimuddin, Z. N. Chen, and X. Qing, "Symmetric-apertureantenna for broadband circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 3932– 3936, 2011.
- B. Hephzibah Lincy, A. Srinivasan, B.Rajalakshmi, "Wideband Fractal Microstrip Antenna for Wireless Application", IEEE Conference on Information & Communication Technologies (ICT), pp.112-115, Volume 3 No. 3, 2013.
- Ammar Nadal Shareef, Ali. A.Seleh, Amer Basim Shaalan, " Pentagon Fractal Antenna for Above 6 Ghz band Applications", International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 12, Number 24 (2017) pp. 16017-16023.
- Manisha Gupta, Vinita Mathur, " Koch fractal-based hexagonal patch antenna for circular polarization", Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, pp. 4474-4485, 03.12.2017.
- Amir Altaf, Youngoo Yang, Kang-Yoon Lee, and Keum Cheol Hwang, Wideband Circularly Polarized Spidron Fractal Slot Antenna with an Embedded Patch, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2017.
- Seevan F. Abdulkareem, Jawad K. Ali, Ali I. Hammoodi, Ali J. Salim, Mahmood T. Yassen, and Mohammed R. Hussan, "Fabrication and Performance Evaluation of a Fractal based Slot Printed Antenna for Dual-band Wireless Applications," Iraqi Journal of Computer, Communication and Control Systems Engineering, vol. 14, 2014.
- Constantine A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis And Design, 4th edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2016.
- Eric W. Weisstein, CRC concise encyclopedia of mathematics, CRC Press, 2nd edition, 2003.
- Amini A, Oraizi H, Zadeh MAC. Miniaturized UWB Log-Periodic square fractal antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol.14:1322–1325, 2015.
- Ang, B.-K. andB.-K. Chung, "A widebandE-shapedmicrostrip patch antenna for 5–6 GHz wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 75, 397–407, 2007.
- Sun, L., M. He, J. Hu, Y. Zhu, and H. Chen, "A Butterfly-shaped wideband microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2015, 8 Pages, Article ID 328208, 2015.
- Dawood, SJ, Salari MA, Ghoochani OH. Cross-slot antenna with U-shaped tuning stub for ultra-wideband applications. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2008.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).