Main Article Content
In this study, a triple-band suspended microstrip antenna with symmetrical U-slots is proposed for modern wireless communication systems. The antenna is specifically designed to acquire application in WLAN and WiMAX communication. Symmetrical U-slots in the radiator patch increase the number of resonances and improve the gain response. An appropriate air height was maintained between the ground plane and the radiator patch layer for improving bandwidth operation. The impedance characteristics of the antenna are enhanced using probe feeding techniques. The proposed compact antenna is designed on a single dielectric substrate of (30×25×1.56) mm3 . Parametric analysis of the proposed structure has been realized using IE3D software. This prototype exhibits maximum impedance bandwidth of 750 MHz and gain response of 7.28 dBi. The performance of the structure at three resonating bands i.e., at 3.3 GHz, 3.78 GHz and 5.3 GHz facilitate it to be applicable for WLAN/WiMAX systems.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- A. Balanis, Antenna theory analysis and design, Third edition, a john wiley & sons, inc publication.
- G.G. Sanford, Multiple resonance radio frequency microstrip antenna structure, US Patent 4070676, Jan 1978.
- S. Long, M. Walton, A dual frequency stacked circular disc antenna, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-27,No. 2, pp.270-273, March 1979.
- C. M. Kaloi, Multi-band single-feed microstrip antenna system, US patent US4356492, Jan 1981.
- B. Wang, and Y. Lo, Microstrip antennas for dual-frequency operation, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 32, No. 9, pp. 938-943, Sep 1984.
- M. Nasher-Moghadasi, R.Sadeghzadeh, L. Asadpor and B.S. Virdee, A small dual-band CPW-fed monopole antenna for GSM and WLAN applications, IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters,Vol.12, pp. 508-511,Apr 2013.
- Xiao Lei Sun, Li Liu, S.W. Cheung and T. I. Yuk, Dual-band antenna with compact radiator for 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN applications, IEEE transactions on Antennas and Propagation, VOL. 60, No. 12, December 2012.
- A. Khaleghi, Dual-band Meander line antenna for wireless LAN communication, IEEE Transactions on Antenna Propagation, Vol.55, No. 3, pp. 1004-1009, Mar 2007.
- Y. S. Wang, M.C. Lee and S.J. Chung, Two PIFA-related miniaturized dual-band antennas, IEEE Transaction Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No.3, pp.505-511, March 2007.
- T. Huynh and K.-F. Lee, Single-layer single-patch wideband microstrip antenna, Electronics Letters, Vol. 31 No. 16, August 1995.
- H. wang, X. Huang, and D. Fang, A single layer wideband U-slot microstrip patch antenna array, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, pp. 9-12, 2008.
- B. Ooi, A double-II stub proximity feed U-slot patch antenna, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2491-2496, September 2004.
- S, Liu, W. Wu, and D. Fang, Single-feed dual-layer dual-band E-shaped and U-slot patch antenna for wireless communication application, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 15, pp. 468-471, February 2016.
- Se-Keun Oh, Hyung- Sik Yoon, Seong-Ook Park, A PIFA –type varactor –tunable slim antenna with a PIL patch feed for multiband applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,Vol.6. 2007.
- K. Jhamb, L. Li, K. Rambabu, Novel-integrated patch antennas with multiband characteristics. IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol.12, No.5, 1393-1398, 2011.
- C.Y.D. Sim, F.R.Cai, Y.P. Hsieh, Multiband slot ring antenna with single and dual-capacitive coupled patch for wireless local area network/worldwide interoperability for microwave access operation. IET Microwave Antennas and Propagation, Vol.5, No.15,1830–1835, 2011.
- Ming Tien Yu, Ming Lian Chuang, Multibroadband slotted bow-tie monopole antenna.IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14. 2015.
- C.J. Wang, S.W. Chang, Studies on dual band multislot antennas. Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 83, 293–306, 2008.
- Y. F. Cao; S. W. Cheung; T. I. Yuk, A multiband slot antenna for GPS/WiMAX/WLAN systems. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol.63,No.3.,2015.
- S. Mohapatra, D.Barad and S. Behera, Analysis of multi-resonance characterestics in suspended ring antenna applicable for iot/wsn, Progress in Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 57,11-24, 2017.
- R. Bhalla and L.Shafai, Resonance behavior of single U-slot Microstrip patch antenna, Microwave and Optical Technology Letter, Vol.32, No. 5,pp:333-335, March 2002.
- J.D. Kraus, Antennas and Wave Propagation, Fourth edition, Tata McGraw Hills Publication.