Main Article Content
In this paper, the effect of changing the structure of split ring resonator SRR from circular to elliptical shape is presented and tested. The theoretical analysis of circular SRR (CSRR) is tested and its results are compared with the simulated ones. Comparison between both configurations is introduced. The new elliptical SRR (ESRR) can be adapted to operate in multi range of frequencies. The effect of gap position in ESRR resonant is also examined. When both gaps are moved but still aligned, the resonant frequency still the same. But when single gap is moved only the resonant frequency the resonant frequency in changed to reach its maximum value when both gaps are in the same position. Frequency tunability can be offered by loading a single variable capacitor between ESRR metallic rings. The resonant frequency of the ESRR can be controlled by varying the capacitance of the varactor diode. Finite element method FEM is used to simulate the proposed structures using HFSS.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Jin, Peng, Improving the Performance of Antennas with Metamaterial Constructs, PhD Thesis, The Faculty of a department of electric and computer engineering, The University of Arizona, 2010.
- Sumanth Reddy A, Design of Compact Zeroth-Order Resonant Antenna Based on CRLH TL, chapter2, May 2013.
- M. Nitas, M.-T. Passia, T. V. Yioultsis, Analysis and Design of a CSRR-based Fully Planar Substrate-Integrated Waveguide for Millimeter-Wave Circuits and Antennas, 11th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP) ,pp. 3501 – 3505, 2017.
- Jawad Y. Siddiqui, Chinmoy Saha, Yahia M.M. Antar, Compact SRR Loaded UWB Circular Monopole Antenna with Frequency Notch Characteristics, Vol.62, No.8, pp. 4015 – 4020, 2014.
- Ahmed S. Elkorany, Ghidaa T. Ahmed, Said M. Elhalafawy, Demyana A. Saleeb, New Dual Band Notched UWB Monopole Antenna Using Two HSRRs, CiiT International Journal of Wireless Communication, Vol 9, No 06, July 2017.
- Vipul Sharma, S. S. Pattnaik, Tanuj Garg, Swapna Devi, A microstrip metamaterial split ring resonator, International Journal of Physical Sciences, Vol.6, No.4, Pp.660-663, 2011.
- M. Ramaraj, S. Raghavan, Sumanta Bose, Swadhyaya Kumar, Elliptical Split Ring Resonator: Mathematical Analysis, HFSS Modeling and Genetic Algorithm Optimization, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium Proceedings, Moscow, Russia, August 19-23, 2012.
- Monish Gupta, Jyoti Saxena, Microstrip Filter Designing by SRR Metamaterial, Wireless Personal Communication, Vol.71, pp. 3011–3022, 2013.
- Nor Muzlifah Mahyuddin , Nur Farah Syazwani Ab. Kadir, Design of a 5.8 GHz Bandstop Filter Using Split Ring Resonator Array, The 8th International Conference on Robotic, Vision, Signal Processing & Power Applications. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Vol. 291, Springer, Singapore, 2014.
- Rachana Yadav, Sandeep Yadav, Sanjeev Yadav, SRR and R-CSRR Loaded Reconfigurable Antenna with Multiband Notch Characteristics, Proceedings of International Conference on ICT, pp 407-415, 2016.
- Ali K. Horestan, Zahra Shaterian, Jordi Naqui, Christophe Fumeaux, Reconfigurable and Tunable S-shaped Split Ring Resonators and Application in Band-Notched UWB Antennas, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No.9, pp. 3766 – 3776, 2016.
- H. Boudaghi, J. Pourahmadazar, and S. A. Aghdam, Compact UWB monopole antenna with reconfigurable band notches using PIN diode switches, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 1758 - 1759, 2013.
- Xiaoyu Cheng, David E. Senior, James J. Whalen and Yong-Kyu Yoon, Electrically Small Tunable Split Ring Resonator Antenna, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium,pp.1-4, 2010.
- Wook-Ki Park, Soon-Soo Oh, Young-Hwan Lee, and Hyo-Dal Park, Frequency-Tunable Waveguide Antenna With Miniaturized Aperture Using a Varactor-Loaded Split-Ring Resonator, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters,Vol.9, pp. 1233 – 1236, 2010.
- Z. Jie, C. Qiang, C. Jie, Q. Mei Qing, J. Wei Xiang, and C. Tie Jun, A tunable metamaterial absorber using varactor diodes, New Journal of Physics, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 043049, 2013.
- Adnan Sondas, Mustafa Hikmet Bilgehan, Yunus Emre Erdeml, Tunable SRR-based substrate for a microstrip patch antenna, Turk J Elec Eng & Comp Sci, Vol.20, No.1, 2012.
- S. A. Aghdam, A novel UWB monopole antenna with tunable notched behavior using varactor diode, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, pp. 1243–1246, 2014.
- Q. Xiang, Q. Feng, and X. Huang, Tunable Bandstop Filter Based on Split Ring Resonators Loaded Coplanar Waveguide, ACES JOURNAL, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 591-596, July 2013.
- M.H.B. Ucar, A. Sondas, Y.E. Erdemli, Switchable split-ring frequency selective surfaces, Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 6, pp.65-79, 2008.
- Chinmoy Saha, Jawad Y. Siddiqui and Yahia M. M. Antar, Square split ring resonator backed coplanar waveguide for filter applications, URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, pp.1-4, 2011.
- H.-Y. Lai, Z.-Y. Lei, Y.-J. Xie, G.-L. Ning, and K. Yang, UWB antenna with dual band rejection for WLAN/WiMAX bands using CSRRs, Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 26, 69-78, 2011.
- Ghidaa T. Ahmed , Ahmed S. Elkorany , Said M. Elhalafawy , Demyana A. Saleeb , New Band notched UWB monopole antenna using Hexagonal SRR, accepted in Minufiya J. of Electronic Engineering Research (MJEER), Jan 2018.
- Chinmoy Saha and Jawad Y. Siddiqui, A Comparative Analysis for Split Ring Resonators of Different Geometrical Shapes, IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC),pp.1-4, 2011.