Main Article Content
A novel dual layer rectangular printed Antenna based on loop type Frequency selective surfaces with five concentric rings and I shaped defected ground structure (DGS) is designed and investigated. The deigned antenna is tested for application in C band, WiFi devices and some cordless telephones and X band radiolocation, airborne and naval radars as multiband operational frequencies are at 5.5GHz, 6.81GHz, 9.3GHz and thus covers two wireless communication band C Band (4 to 8GHz ) and X band (8 to 12 GHz) The bandwidth is 200MHz, 300MHz and 1GHz respectively and measured gain of this designed antenna are 2.42dBi against 5.5GHz, 2.80dBi against 6.81GHz, 6.76dBi against 9.3GHz. The proposed antenna in addition to multiband operation also exhibits minituarization.The Floquet port technique is used to analyse concentric rings. The Results comparison of proposed structure with the basic dual layer antenna resonaing at 5.5GHz shows the patch area is reduced by 58.15% while the volume of the antenna is reduced by 81.5%.
- C.A. Balanis, Antenna theory: analysis and design, 2nd ed., John Willey and & Son, Inc., 1997.
- R. Yang, Y. Xie, P. Wang and L. Li, "MicrostripAnten- nas with Left Handed Materials Substrates," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 20, No. 9, 2006, pp. 1221-1233.
- N. Engheta and R. W. Ziolkowski, "A Positive Future for Double Negative Metamaterials," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Technique, Vol. 53, No. 4, April 2005, pp. 1535-1556.
- M.S Sharawi, "Use of Low-Cost Patch Antenna in Mod- ern Wireless Technology," IEEE Potential, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2006, pp. 35-47.
- S. F. Mahmoud, "A New Miniaturized Annular Ring Patch Resonator Partially Loaded by a Metamaterial Ring with Negative Permeability and Permittivity," IEEE An- tennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, April 2004, pp. 19-22.
- W. Wang, B.I. Wu, J. Pacheco, T. M. Grzegorczyk and J. A. Kong, "Metamaterial as a Substrate of Antenna De- sign," Progress in Electromagnetic Waves, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2003, pp. 295-338.
- Ming-Yun Lv, Min-Jie Huang, J. Huang and Zhe Wu, "Study on the dual-band characteristic of combined element based frequency selective surfaces," Antenna Technology, 2009. iWAT 2009. IEEE International Workshop on, Santa Monica, CA, 2009, pp. 1-4.
- L. H. Weng, Y. C. Guo, X. W. Shi, and X. Q. Chen, "An Overview On Defected Ground Structure", Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 173–189, 2008
- Nashat D., Elsadek H.A., Abdallah E., Elhenawy H., Iskander M., "Miniaturized and Multiband Operations of Inset Feed Microstrip Patch Antenna by Using Novel Shape of Defect Ground Structure (DGS) in Wireless Applications", Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium Proceedings, Moscow, Russia, Aug. 2009.
- Shalini Sah, Saied Bilal, Malay Ranjan Tripathy and Ashok Mittal Defected Ground Surface and Frequency Selective Surface Based Dual Band Microstrip Antenna accepted and Presented in International conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Technology (ICICT 2016).
- P. R. Prajapati, "Application of Defected Ground Structure to Suppress Out-of-Band Harmonics for WLAN Microstrip Antenna," vol. 2015, 2015.
- H. Elftouh, N. a Touhami, M. Aghoutane, S. El Amrani, A. Tazon, and M. Boussouis, "Miniaturized Microstrip Patch Antenna with Defected Ground Structure," vol. 55, no. November, pp. 25–33, 2014.
- M. Chakraborty, B. Rana, P. P. Sarkar, and A. Das, "Size Reduction a Rectangular Microstrip patch Antenna with the slots and defected ground," vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 61–64, 2012.
- Akbari M., Khalilpour J., Mighani M., Rastgar S., "A novel very compact printed antenna using DGS for 2.4GHz and 5GHz communication", International Journal of Electronics & Communication Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 4, Oct.-Dec. 2011.
- Arya A. K., Patnaik A., Kartikeyan M.V., "Microstrip patch antenna with skew-F shaped DGS for dual band operation", Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 19, 147-160, 201.
- HFSS ver. 14 ANSYS, http://www.ansys.com/ANSYS+HFSS.
- D.Upadhyay, R.P. Dwivedi, "Antenna miniaturization techniques for wireless applications", Eleventh International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks- IEEE,September,2014.
- F. Mohamadi Monavar and N. Komjani, "Bandwidth Enhancement Ofmicrostrip PatchAntenna Using Jerusalem Cross-Shaped Frequency Selective Surfaces By Invasive Weed Optimization Approach" Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 103–120, 2011
- Raimi Dewan1, Sharul K. A. Rahim, Siti F. Ausordin, and Teddy Purnamirza, "The Improvement Of Array Antenna Performance With The Implementation Of An ArtificialMagnetic Conductor (AMC) Ground Plane And In-Phase Superstrate" Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 140, 147–167, 2013.
- Rose Farahiyan Binti Munawar , Maisarah Binti Abu, Siti Adlina Binti Md Ali , "8 Connected Branches AMC-EBG and FSS for Circle Connected Dipole at 5.8 GHz" International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 11, Number 10 (2016) pp 6932-6939.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).