Main Article Content
Wave propagation for transverse electric (TE) mode in a graded interface between left-handed and right-handed material has been investigated by using asymptotic iteration method. By using hyperbolic functions for negative permittivity and negative permeability, we obtained the graded graphs of permittivity and permeability as a function of material thickness. Maxwell equation for the dielectric with the hyperbolic function in permittivity and permeability has been reduced to second orde differential equation. The second orde differential equation has been solved by using asymptotic iteration method with the eigen functions in complementary error functions. The eigen functions explained about the wave propagation in a graded interface of material. The distribution of the electric field and the wave vector were given in approximate solution.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- T. J. Cui , D. R. Smith, R. Liu, Metamaterials: Theory, Design, and Applications, New York: Springer Science Business Media, 2010.
- A. S. Husein, C. Cari, A. Suparmi, M. Hadi, Approximate solution of wave propagation in transverse magnetic mode through a graded interface positive-negative using asymptotic iteration method, arXiv: 1506.02346v1 [cond-mat.mtrl-sci], 2015.
- V. G. Vaselago, The electrodynamics of substance with simultaneously negative, Soviet Physics Uspekhi, 10: 509-514, 1968.
- J. B. Pendry, A. J. Holden, W. J. Stewart, I. Youngs, Extremely low frequency plasmons in metallic meso structures, Physical Review Letters, 76 : 4773–4776, 1996.
- J. B. Pendry , A. J. Holden , D. J. Robbins, W. J. Stewart, Magnetism from Conductors And Enhanced Nonlinear Phenomena, IEEE Transactions onn Microwave Theory And Techniques, 47: 2075-2084, 1999.
- J. B. Pendry, Negative refraction makes a perfect lens, Physical Review Letters, 85: 4184-4187, 2000.
- D. R. Smith, W. J. Padilla, D. J. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, S. Schultz, Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity, Physical Review Letters, 84: 4184-4187, 2000.
- M. Y. Wang, J. Xu, J. Wu, B. Wei, H. L. Li, T. Xu, D. B. Ge, FDTD study on wave propagation in layered structures with biaxial anisotropic metamaterials, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 81: 253-265, 2008.
- B. N. Mohapatra, R. K. Mohapatra, FDTD optical simulation to enhance light trapping, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 4: 2890-2897, 2013.
- M. Dalarsson, P. Tassin P, Analytical solution for wave propagation through a graded index interface between a right-handed and a left-handed material, Optics Express, 17: 6747-6752, 2009.
- M. Dalarsson, M. Norgren, T. Asenov, N. Doncov, Arbitrary loss factors in the wave propagation between Rhm and Lhm media with constant impedance througout the structure, Progress in electromagnetics research 137: 527-538, 2013.
- N. Dalarsoon, Ab initio analytical approach to spectral behavior of graded interfaces incorporating ngative-index nanocomposites, Proc. 1st International Workshop on Nanoscience & Nanotechnology IWON, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro, p 194, 2005.
- A. S. Husein, C. Cari C, A. Suparmi, M. Hadi, Approximate solution wave propagation in TM mode through a graded interface of permittivity/ permeability profile using asymptotic iteration method, AIP Conference Proceedings 1719, Bali, Indonesia, p 030048, 2016.
- A. Suparmi, C. Cari, B. N. Pratiwi, U. A. Deta, Solution of D dimensional Dirac equation for hyperbolic tangent potential using NU method and its application in material properties, AIP Conference Proceedingvol 1710, Solo, Indonesia, p 030010, 2016.
- C. Cari, A. Suparmi, M. Yunianto, A. S. Husein, Solution of D dimensional Dirac equation for coulombic potential using NU method and its thermodynamics properties, AIP Conference Proceeding 1710, Solo, Indonesia, p 030009, 2016.
- C. Cari, A. Suparmi, Bound state solution of dirac equation for 3d harmonics oscillator plus trigonometric scarf noncentral potential using SUSY QM approach, AIP Conference Proceeding 1615, Bandung, Indonesia, p 101, 2014.
- A. Suparmi, C. Cari, U. A. Deta, Exact solution of Dirac equation for Scarf potential with new tensor coupling potential for spin and pseudospin symmetries using Romanovski polynomials, Chin. Phys. B, 23: 090304-1, 2014.
- A. Rostami, H. Motovali, Asymptotic iteration method: a powerfull approach for analysis of inhomogeneus dielectric slab waveguide, Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, 4:171 – 182, 2008.
- A. Soylu, O. Bayrak, I. Boztosun, k State solutions of the dirac equation for the eckart potential with spin and pseudospin symmetry, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 41 , 2008.
- H. Ciftci, R. L. Hall, N. Saad, Asymptotic iteration method for eigenvalue problems, J. Phys. A: Math, 36: 11807, 2003.
- M. Abramowitz, A. Irene, Hanbook of Mathematical Function with Formula, Graphs and Mathematical Tables, Washington DC: United stated department of commerce) p 20402, 1970.