Main Article Content
In this paper a pattern synthesis method based on Evolutionary Algorithm is presented. A Flat-top beam pattern has been generated from a concentric ring array of isotropic elements by finding out the optimum set of elements amplitudes and phases using Differential Evolution algorithm. The said pattern is generated in three predefined azimuth planes instate of a single phi plane and also verified for a range of azimuth plane for the same optimum excitations. The main beam is steered to an elevation angle of 30 degree with lower peak SLL and ripple. Dynamic range ratio (DRR) is also being improved by eliminating the weakly excited array elements, which simplify the design complexity of feed networks.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory, Analysis and design, 3rd ed. New York, USA: Jhon Willy & sons, 1997.
- Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory & Design, Revised Edition. Wiley-IEEE Press, Dec, 2002.
- Azevedo, J. A. R, Shaped beam pattern synthesis with nonuniform sample phases, Progress in Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 05, 77–90, 2008.
- Wooh, S. C, and Shi, Y, Optimum beam steering of linear phased arrays, Wave Motion, Vol. 29,No. 03, 245–265, 1999.
- Mandal, D., Chatterjee, A. and Bhattacharjee, A. K. Design of Fully Digital Controlled Shaped Beam Synthesis Using Differential Evolution Algorithm, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2013, 1–9, 2013.
- Reyna, A., Panduro, M. A., Covarrubias, D. H., and Mendez, A. Design of steerable concentric rings array for low side lobe level, Scientia Iranica, Vol. 19, No. 03, 727–732, 2012.
- Sievenpiper, D. F., Schaffner, J. H, Song, H. J., Loo, R. Y. and Tangonan, G. Two-dimensional beam steering using an electrically tunable impedance surface, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2713–2722, 2003.
- Mandal, D., Chatterjee, A., Mondal, T. and Bhattacharjee, A. K. Shaped beam synthesis of concentric ring array antenna using Differential Evolution Algorithm, International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), Vol. 69, No. 07, 1025–1032, 2015.
- Storn, R., Price, K., Differential evolution: a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces, Journal of Global Optimization, Vol. 11, No. 04, 341–359, 1997.
- Price, K. V., Storn, R. M. and Lampinen, J. A., Differential EvolutionA Practical Approach to Global Optimization. Natural Computing,Springer, New York, USA, 2005.
- Das, S., Abraham, A., Chakraborty, U. K., and Konar, A., Differential evolution using a neighborhood-based mutation operator, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 13, No. 03, 526–553, 2009.
- Guo, J., Li, J., Pattern synthesis of conformal array antenna in the presence of platformusing differential evolution algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 09, 2615–2621, 2009.