Main Article Content
This paper deals with the advanced integration of uncertainties in electromagnetic interferences (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) problems. In this context, the Monte Carlo formalism may provide a reliable reference to proceed to statistical assessments. After all, other less expensive and efﬁcient techniques have been implemented more recently (the unscented transform and stochastic collocation methods for instance) and will be illustrated through uncertain EMC problems. Finally, we will present how the use of sensitivity analysis techniques may offer an efﬁcient complement to rough statistical or stochastic studies.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- W. H. Press, S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling, B. P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes, Cambridge University Press, 2nd edition, 1992.
- N. Mishra, N. Gupta, Quasi Monte Carlo Integration Technique for Method of Moments Solution of EFIE in Radiation Problems, ACES Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 306–311, June 2009.
- L. de Menezes, D. Thomas, C. Christopoulos, Accounting for uncertainty in EMC studies, Proc. 2009 Int. Symp. on EMC, Kyoto, Japan, 2009.
- L. de Menezes, D. Thomas, C. Christopoulos, A. Ajayi, P. Sewell, The use of unscented transforms for statistical analysis in EM, Proc. EMC Europe 2008, Hamburg, Germany, 2008.
- L. de Menezes, A. Ajayi, C. Christopoulos, P. Sewell, G. A. Borges, Efficient computation of stochastic electromagnetic problems using unscented transforms, IET Sci. Meas. Technol., vol. 2(2), pp. 88–95, 2008.
- C. Chauviere, J. S. Hestaven, L. C. Wilcox, Efficient Computation of RCS from Scatterers of Uncertain Shapes, IEEE Trans. On Ant. And Prop., vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1437-1448,May 2007.
- P. Bonnet, F. Diouf, C. Chauviere, S. Lallechere, M. Fogli, F. Paladian, Numerical simulation of a Reverberation Chamber with a stochastic collocation method, Compte Rendu de l'Academie des Sciences, Physique, vol. 10, pp. 54-64, 2009.
- P. Bonnet, C. Chauviere, S. Lallechere, F. Paladian, B. Pecqueux, Recherche de configurations critiques pour un probleme de C.E.M. stochastique, Proc. 15th Int. Symp. on EMC, Limoges, France, April 2010.
- F. Paladian, P. Bonnet, S. Lallechere, Modeling complex systems for EMC applications by considering uncertainties, Proc. XXXth URSI GA 2011, Istambul, Turkey, August 2011.
- F. Diouf, F. Canavero, Crosstalk statistics via collocation method, Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Austin TX, USA, Aug. 2009.
- V. Rannou, F. Brouaye, M. Helier, W. Tabbara, Kriging the quantile: application to a simple transmission line model, Inst. of Ph. Publish., Inverse problems 18, pp. 37-48, PII: S0266-5611(02)20767-4.
- A. El Habachi, Propagation de la variabilite de la morphologie humaine sur le Debit d'Absorption Specifique en dosimetrie numerique, PhD Thesis Supelec, Paris, France, 2011.
- H. Bagci, A. C. Yucel, J. S. Hesthaven, E. Michielssen, A fast stroud-based collocation method for statistically characterizing EMI/EMC phenomena on complex platforms, IEEE Trans. on EMC, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 301-311, 2009.
- P. S. Sumant, H. Wu, A. C. Cangellaris, N. R. Aluru, A sparse grid based collocation method for model order reduction of finite element approximations of passive electromagnetic devices under uncertainty, Proc. 2010 IEEE MTT-S International, Anaheim, CA, USA, pp. 1652-1655, May 2010.
- I. Tarhini, C. Guiffaut, A. Reineix, S. Karam, B. Pecqueux, J.C. Joly, Etude parametrique de la susceptibilite des cartes electroniques par les plans d'experiences numeriques, Proc. Int. Symp. On EMC, Paris, France, May 2008.
- M. D. Morris, Factorial sampling plans for preliminary computational experiments, Technometrics, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 161–174, 1991.
- A. Saltelli, M. Ratto, S. Tarantola, F. Campolongo, Sensitivity analysis practices. Strategies for modelbased inference, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 91, pp. 1109-1125, 2006.
- B. Looss, Revue sur l'analyse de sensibilite globale de modeles numeriques, Journal de la Societe Francaise de Statistiques, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 3–25, 2011.
- F. Campolongo, J. Cariboni, A. Saltelli, V. Schoutens, Enhancing the Morris method, Sensitivity Analysis of Model Output, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 2005.
- D. Xiu, J. S. Hesthaven, High order collocation methods for differential equations with random inputs, SIAM J. Sci. Comput., Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 1118–1139, 2005.
- A. H. Stroud, Remarks on the disposition of points in numerical integration formulas, Math. Tables Other Aids Comput., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1118–1139, Oct. 1957.
- D. W. P. Thomas, J. Paul, C. Christopoulos, Statistical variation of coupling within a circuit cabinet, Proc. ESA workshop on aerospace EMC, Venice, Italy, May 2012.
- S. Lallechere, S. Girard, P. Bonnet, F. Paladian, Enforcing experimentally stochastic techniques in uncertain electromagnetic environments, Proc. ESA workshop on aerospace EMC, Venice, Italy, May 2012.