Main Article Content
Ultra-wideband (UWB) uses very low energy levels to transfer data at very high data rate and bandwidth. An optimal and correct choice of transmission pulse shape is an important criterion in this technology. In this paper, we will present an approach for the generation of an optimal pulse shape with the optimal generation of pulse shape values that can provide effective results when transmitted using multiple access modulation technique over a multipath channel and received by a RAKE type receiver. The bit error analysis of constructed model is also given using Ideal Rake, selective RAKE, and partial RAKE receiver configurations.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Federal Communications Commission. Revision of Part 15 of the Commission's Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems, "First Report and Order, FCC 02, vol. 48, pp. 1-89, 2002.
- V. Goyal, Vikas, Pulse Generation and Analysis of Ultra Wide Band System Model, Computer Science & Telecommunications, 2 (34):3-6, 2012.
- V. Goyal, B.S. Dhaliwal, Optimal Pulse Generation for the improvement of ultra wideband system performance, Proc. IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences (RAECS), pp. 1-6, 2014.
- T. Ali, P. Siddiqua, M. A. Matin, Performance evaluation of different modulation schemes for ultra wide band systems, Journal of ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, 65: 184–188, 2014.
- B. Lin, G. Cai, M. Zhuang, Capacity comparison of UWB system based on combined Cosinusoid Gaussian pulse, Proc. IEEE International Conference on Anti-Counterfeiting, Security and Identification (ASID), pp. 93- 96, 2011.
- X. Zuo, D. Wang, R. Yao, RAKE reception for IR-UWB systems in high mobile environments, in Proc. International Conference on Systems and Informatics(ICSAI), pp. 1459-1462, 2012.
- J. R. Akbar, E. Radoi, An overview of synchronization algorithms for IR-UWB systems," in Proc. International Conference on Computing, Networking and Com-munications (ICNC), pp. 573-577, 2012.
- V. Goyal, B.S. Dhaliwal, Ultra Wideband PAM Modulation and Reception in UWB Multi Path channel Using Rake Configurations, Computer Science & Telecommunications, 45: 71-76 2015.
- V. Goyal, B.S. Dhaliwal, Ultra Wideband Pulse Modulation System in Comparison to Conventional Narrowband Wireless Systems." in Proc. Of 19th Punjab Science Congress, S.U.S Group of Institutes, Tangori, pp. 179-180, 2016.
- H. Zhang, G. T. Aaron, "Performance and Capacity of PAM and PPM UWB Time-Hopping Multiple Access Communications with Receive Diversity," EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 3: 1-10, 2005.
- Bin Li, Zheng Zhou, Weixia Zou, Dejian Li, Chong Zhao, Optimal waveforms design for ultra-wideband impulse radio sensors, Sensors 10,12: 11038-11063, 2010.
- M. J. Koonen, Novel generation and transmission of 2 Gbps impulse radio ultra wideband over MMF for in-building networks application." In Proc. Of IEEE Conference on Optical Fiber Communication (OFC), collocated National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference, (OFC/NFOEC), pp. 1-3, 2010.
- Randall Tombaugh, A RAKE Receiver Employing Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC) Without Channel Estimation for UWB Communications, The Osprey Journal of Ideas and Inquiry, All Volumes (2001-2008), paper 45, 2007.
- L. Li, P. Wang, X. d. Wu, J. Zhang, Improved UWB pulse shaping method based on Gaussian derivatives, Wireless Mobile and Computing (CCWMC 2011), Proc. Of IET International Communication Conference, Shanghai, pp. 438-442, 2011.
- K. Xiao-fei, L.Bai-ping, The BER performance analysis and simulation of rake receiver for UWB systems." Proc. IEEE Workshop on Advanced Research and Technology in Industry Applications, pp. 267-269, 2014.
- J. R. Foerster, Channel modelling sub-committee report, IEEE 802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE P802, pp.15-02, 2003.
- V. Goyal, B.S. Dhaliwal, Ultra Wideband Pulse Generation Using Multiple Access Modulation Schemes, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, 4: 53-59, 2015.
- Li. Pengxiao, C. Hongwei, C, Minghua, X. Shizhong, Gigabit/s photonic generation, modulation, and transmission for a reconfigurable impulse radio UWB over fiber system, IEEE photonics journal, 4: 805-816, 2012.
- T. Abraha, C. Okonkwo, H. Yang, D. Visani, Y. Shi, H. D. Jung, E.Tangdiongga, T. Koonen, Routing of power efficient IR-UWB wireless and wired services for in-building network applications, Journal of Lightwave Technology,30(11): 1651-1663, 2012.
- M. B. Menon, A. Gopakumar, N.V. Iqbal, A hybrid approach for UWB pulse shaping, Proc. 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS), pp. 373-377, 2015.
- S. T. Abraha, C. Okonkwo, H. Yang, D. Visani, Y. Shi, H. D. Jung, E.Tangdiongga, T. Koonen, Performance evaluation of IR-UWB in short range fiber communication using linear combination of monocycles, J. Lightw. Technol.,29(16):1143–1151, 2011.
- M.S. Munna, S. Tarannum, B. Barua, K. M. Rahman, IR-UWB transceiver for the detection of survivors buried in debris. Proc. IEEE International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), pp. 1-7. 2015.
- R. A. Fayadh, F. Malek, A. H. Fadhil, N. Saudin , UWB selective rake receiver using multiple comparators. . Proc. IEEE International Conference on Electronic Design (ICED), pp. 1-4, 2014.
- M. Mirshafiei, M. Abtahi, L. A. Rusch, Ultra-wideband pulse shaping: bypassing the inherent limitations of the Gaussian monocycle, IET communications, 6: 1068-1074, 2012.
- Z. Bai, J. Liu, Hsiao-Hwa Chen, Design of ultra-wideband pulses based on spectrum shifted Gaussian waveforms, IET Communications, 7: pp.512-520, 2013.
- S. K. Shaikhah, S. A. Mustafa, K. Al-sulaifanie Bayez, Performance Study of UWB System at Various Signal Parameters, Indian Journal of Applied Research, 5.9: 126-129, 2016.
- S. Mohammad, S. Sadough, A tutorial on ultra wideband modulation and detection schemes. Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Eng, Tehran, pp.1-22, 2009.
- S. Taran, D. Nitnaware, Performance Evaluation of 802.15.3a UWB Channel Model with Antipodal, Orthogonal and DPSK Modulation Scheme. I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies, 1: 34-42, 2016.
- K. R. Patel, R. Kulkarni, Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Wireless System. International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management, pp. 1-15, 2014.
- K. Ayub, Z. Valerijs, Technology Implications of UWB on Wireless Sensor Network-A detailed Survey. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security, 7: 147-161, 2015.