Main Article Content
The design of a compact dual-band dual-port antenna system is presented. It operates in two frequency bands, 790-862 MHz and 2500-2690 MHz, thereby making it suitable for Long Term Evolution (LTE) handheld devices. The proposed system is composed of two orthogonal inverted-F antennas (IFA) to perform diversity in mobile terminals. A good agreement is observed between simulated and experimental results. The high antenna diversity capability of the proposed system is highlighted with the calculation of envelope correlation coefficient, mean effective and diversity gains for different environment scenarii.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- G. S. Foschini, M. J. Gans, On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas, Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 6, 311–335, 1998.
- S. J. Eom, J. H. Lee, A. Kim, S. O, Park, Broadband internal antenna for 700 MHz LTE application with distributed feeders, IEEE Microwave conference, APMC, Asia Pacific, 1845–1848, 2009.
- J. Lee, Y. K. Hong, S. Bae, G.S. Abo, W.M Seong, G. H. Kim, Miniature Long-Term Evolution (LTE) MIMO ferrite antenna, IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol.10, 603–606, 2011.
- A. N. Kulkarni, S. K. Sharma, A compact multiband antenna with MIMO implementation for USB Size 4G LTE wireless devices, IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propag. (APSURSI), vol.10, 2215–2218, 2011.
- R. J. Vaughan, J. B. Andersen, Antenna diversity in mobile communication, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 36, 149–172, 1987.
- K. Kalliola, K. Sulonen, H. Laitinen, O. Kivekas, J. Krogerus, P. Vainikainen, Angular power distribution and mean effective gain of mobile antenna in different propagation environments, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol.51, 823– 838, 2002.
- Z. Ying, T. Bolin, V. Plicanic, A. Derneryd, G. Kristensson, Diversity antenna terminal evaluation, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, vol. 2A, 375– 378, 2005.
- F. Adachi, M. Feeney, J. Parsons, A. Williamson, Cross correlation between the envelopes of 900 MHz signals received at a mobile radio base station site, Communications, Radar and Signal Processing, IEE Proceedings F, vol. 133, 506-512, 1986.
- T. Taga, Analysis for mean effective gain of mobile antennas in land mobile radio environments, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology. vol. 39, 117-131, 1990.
- T.W.C. Brown, Antenna diversity for mobile terminal, phD. Dissertation, Univ. Surrey, Surrey, U.K., 2002.
- A. Diallo, C. Luxey, Estimation of the diversity performance of several two-antenna systems in different propagation environments, Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2642–2645, 2007.