Main Article Content
This paper deals with a broadband TE10 to TE20 mode transformer in a WR90 rectangular waveguide with more than 35 dB suppression of the fundamental mode and only 0.4 dB of maximum transformation loss. Two fin lines are employed with appropriate configuration in order to obtain a broadband mode transformation.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- J. Bae, T. Uno, T. Fujii, K. Mizuno, Spatial power combining of Gunn diodes using an overmoded waveguide resonator at millimeter wavelengths, IEEE IMS Digest, 1998, Vol: 3, pp:1883-1886.
- J. Bae, M. Fujita, K. Mizuno, W-band overmoded-waveguide oscillator with Gunn diodes, Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2000, pp: 1093 – 1096.
- Y. Kokubo, Frequency Range Dependent TE10 to TE20 Mode Converter, Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 1, pp: 169–171, Jan. 2010.
- M. Belaid, R. Martinez, K. Wu, A Mode Transformer Using Fin-Line Array for Spatial Power-Combiner Application, IEEE MTT-Transaction, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp: 1191-1197, Apr. 2004.
- F. Di Paolo, Networks and Devices Using Planar Transmission Lines, CRC Press LLC, 2000, ISBN 0-8493-1835-1.
- D. Passi, A. Leggieri, F. Di Paolo, M. Bartocci, A. Tafuto, Spatial Power Combiner Technology, PIERS Proc., Czeck Republic, pp: 932-938, Jul. 2015.
- A. Leggieri, D. Passi, F. Di Paolo, M. Bartocci, A. Tafuto, A. Manna, A Novel Ka-band Spatial Combiner Amplifier: Global Design and Modelling, PIERS Proc., Czeck Republic, pp: 840-845, Jul. 2015.
- G. E. Ponchak, A. N. Downey, A New Model for Broadband Waveguide to Microstrip Transition Design, NASA Technical Memorandum 88905, Lewis Research Center Cleveland, Ohio, Dec. 1986.