Main Article Content
The problem of detecting the breath activities of a human subject is addressed. A CW signal is used to probe the scene and the MUSIC algorithm is exploited to detect frequency doppler modulation introduced by chest movements. For this particular measurement configuration, the correlation matrix results rank deficient. In order to restore the rank, two decorrelation techniques are compared by exploiting numerical data.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- A.-D. Droitcour, V.-M. Lubecke, J. Lin and O. Boric-Lubecke, A microwave radio for Doppler radar sensing of vital signs, Microwave Symposium Digest, 2001 IEEE MTT-S International 1:175–178, 2001.
- K. M. Chen, J. Zhang and A. Norman, Microwave life-detection systems for searching human subjects under earthquake rubble and behind barrier, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 47: 105–114, 2000.
- C. Li, V. M. Lubecke, O. Boric-Lubecke, J. Lin, A Review on Recent Advances in Doppler Radar Sensors for Noncontact Healthcare Monitoring, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 61:2046–2060, 2013.
- B. Lohman, O. Boric-Lubecke, V. M. Lubecke, P. W. Ong and M. M. Sondhi, A digital signal processor for Doppler radar sensing of vital signs, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 21: 161–164, 2002.
- C. Li, Y. Xiao and J. Lin, Experiment and spectral analysis of a lowpower Ka-band heartbeat detector measuring from four sides of a human body, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques 54:4464–4471, 2006.
- R.O. Schmidt, Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation, IEEE Transactions on Antennasand Propagation 34:276–280, 1986.
- S. Tie-Jun, W. Mati, K. Thomas, On Spatial Smoothing for Direction-of-Arrival Estimation of Coherent Signals, IEEE Transaction on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing 33: 806–811, 1985.
- C. Qing, L. Ruonlun, On the Explanation of Spatial Smoothing in MUSIC Algorithm for Coherent Sources, International Conference on Information Science and Technology, Nanjing, China, pp.699-702, 2011.
- Q. Cheng, H. Lei, Z. Wen-Jun and S. Hing Cheung, Direction of Arrival Estimation for Coherent Signals Without Knowledge of Source Number, IEEE Sensors Journal 14:3267–3273, 2014.
- M. C. Budge, M. P. Burt, Range correlation effects on phase and amplitude noise,IEEE Southeastcon '93, Proceedings, Charlotte, NC, 1993.