Main Article Content
Smart Textiles integrated with communicating components have been used in military for many applications. Wearable antenna can be attached or embedded into smart textiles which could be used for communication between combat soldiers in the battlefield. This paper presents the design of three different polygon shaped patch antenna operating on 3G Mobile Band frequency 2100 MHz embedded on three different dielectric constant materials for Military applications. The proposed polygon shaped patch antenna introduces horizontal slit in its patch to improve the antenna performance. The effect of slit length and slit width on the antenna performance is analyzed.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- O. Sahin, 0. Kayacan, E. Yazgan Bulgun,' Smart Textiles for Soldier of the Future' Defence Science Journal, vol. 55, no. 2, april 2005, pp. 195-205.
- S. Sankaralingam and B. Gupta,'Development of Textile Antennas for Body Wearable Applications and Investigations on Their Performance under Bent Conditions' Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 22, 53–71, 2010.
- Prabal Pratap, R.S. Bhatia, Binod Kumar, Mohd. Nazir, and Saurabh Pratap,' Design and analysis of slit-cut stacked equilateral Triangular Microstrip Patch antenna' Defence Science Journal, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 240-244, may 2015.
- Qiang Bai, Jonathan Rigelsford, and Richard Langley, 'Crumpling of Microstrip Antenna Array' IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61, no. 9, sep 2013.
- Sankaralingam. S and Gupta. B, 'Determination of dielectric constant of fabric materials and their use as substrates for design and development of antennas for wearable applications' IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 3122–3130, 2010.
- Salonen.P and Rahmat-Samii. Y, 'Textile antennas: Effects of antenna bending on input matching and impedance bandwidth' IEEE Aerosp. Electron. Syst. Mag., vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 18–22, 2011.
- Watanabe .T and Iwasaki .H, 'Wearable finger dual-band antenna for BAN' in Proc. IEEE-APS Top. Conf., pp. 51–54, 2012.
- Esther Florence Sundarsingh, Sangeetha Velan, Malathi Kanagasabai, Aswathy K. Sarma, Chinnambeti Raviteja, and M. Gulam Nabi Alsath, 'Polygon-Shaped Slotted Dual-Band Antenna for Wearable Applications' IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 13, 2014.
- Balanis. A.C, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd ed. Hoboken, NJ, USA: Wiley, 2012.
- Alomainy. A, Hao. Y, Owadally. A, Parini. C.G, Nechayev.Y, Constantinou. C.C, and Hall. P.S, 'Statistical analysis and performance evaluation for on-body radio propagation with microstrip patch antennas' IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 245–248, 2007.
- Alomainy.A, Sani. A, Rahman. A, Santas. J.G, and Hao. Y, 'Transient characteristics of wearable antennas and radio propagation channels for ultrawideband body-centric wireless communications' IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 875–884, 2009.
- Chen. M and Chen. C, 'A compact dual-band GPS antenna design' IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett, vol. 12, pp. 245–248, 2012.
- Osman,M. K. A, Rahim,M. Azfar, Samsuri. N.A, Zubir. F, and Kamardin. K, 'Design, implementation and performance of ultra-wideband textile antenna' Prog. Electromagn. Res. B, vol. 27, pp. 307–327, 2011.
- Qian. K and Tang. X (2011), 'Compact LTCC dual-band circularly polarized perturbed hexagonal microstrip antenna' IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett, vol. 10, pp. 1212–1215, 2011.
- Wasife.K.E, 'Power density and SAR in multi-layered life tissue at Global System Mobile (GSM) frequencies' J. Electromagn. Anal. Appl., vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 328–332, 2011.
- Zhu. S and Langley.R, 'Dual-band wearable textile antenna on an EBG substrate' IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 926–935, 2009.
- Zhu. S and Langley.R, 'Tri-band wearable textile antenna on an EBG substrate' IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 117, no. 4, pp. 753–759, 2011.