Main Article Content
Designs of the single-focus and multi-focused transmitarray antennas for the near-field (NF) or/and far-field (FF) applications have been introduced. Perforated dielectric single sheet is used for transmitarray design for simple configuration. Single-focus transmitarray for the far-field and the near-field are obtained. The radiation characteristics of 13×13 unit-cells transmitarray in the near-field and the far-field region have been investigated. A single structure multi-focus transmitarray is designed using the chess-board arrangement of the unit-cells elements. Multi-focus transmitarray for FF/FF, FF/NF, and NF/NF have been designed and investigated. The phase distribution and the corresponding holes radii for the first quadrant of the multi-focus transmitarray are presented. The radiation characteristics of different array configuration have been investigated and analyzed using full-wave simulator CST Microwave Studio.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- O. Yurduseven, Compact parabolic reflector antenna design with cosecant-squared radiation pattern, Microwaves, Radar and Remote Sensing Symposium, Kiev, Ukraine, pp. 382-385, August 2011.
- G. M. Rebeiz, K. J. Koh, Tiku Yu, D. Kang, C. Y. Kim, Y. Atesal, B. Cetinoneri, S. Y. Kim, and D. Shin, Highly dense microwave and millimeter wave phased array T/R modules and butler matrices using CMOS and SiGe RFICs, IEEE International Symposium on, Phased Array Systems and Technology (ARRAY), Boston, Massachusetts, USA, pp. 245-249, October 2010.
- M. Ruphuy, Z. Ren, and O. M. Ramahi, Flat far field lenses and reflectors, Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, (PIER M), vol.34, pp.163-170, 2014.
- J. Huang and J. A. Encinar, Reflectarray Antennas, IEEE Press, John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey, USA, 2008.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, W. M. Hassen, and H. A. Malhat, Investigation into the effect of solar cells on the DRA reflectarray/transmitarray antenna design, 32nd National Radio Science Conference (NRSC), 6th of October City, Egypt, pp. 1-8, March 2015.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, S. M. Gaber, H. A. Malhat, and K. H. Awadalla, Perforated transmitaray-enhanced circularly polarized antenna for high-gain multi-beam radiation, International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP 2013), Nanjing, China, pp. 484-487, October 2013.
- M. K. Al-Nuaimi and W. Hong, Discrete dielectric reflectarray and lens for E-band with different feed, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat. Letters, vol.13, pp. 947-950, March 2014.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, N. El-Shalaby, S. M. Gaber, H. A. Malhat, and K. H. Awadalla, Reflectarrays mounted on or embedded in cylindrical or spherical surfaces, Middel East Conference on Antennas and Propagat. (MECAP 2012), Cairo, Egypt, pp.1-6, December 2012.
- L. Dussopt, H. Kaouach, J. Lanteri, and R. Sauleau, Circularly-polarized discrete lens antennas in 60-GHz band, Radio engineering, vol. 20, no.4, pp. 733-738, December 2011.
- S. M. Gaber, Analysis and Design of Reflectarrays/Transmitarrays Antennas, Ph.D Thesis, Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Minoufia University, Menouf, Egypt, 2013.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, W. M. Hassen, H. A. Malhat, and K. H. Awadalla, Radiation characteristics enhancement of dielectric resonator antenna using solid/discrete dielectric lens, Advanced Electromagnetics, vol. 4, no. 1, February 2015.
- J. Y. Lau and S. V. Hum, A wideband reconfigurable transmitarray element, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1303-1311, March 2012.
- E. Eridl, K. Topalli, O. Zorlu, T. Toral, E. Yildirim, H. Kulah, and O. A. Civi, A reconfigurable microfluidic transmitarray unit cell, 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagat. (EUCAP), Gothenburg, Sweden, pp. 2957-2960, April 2013.
- A. H. Abdelrahman, P. Nayeri, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and F. Yang, Analysis and design of wideband transmitarray antennas with different unit-cell phase ranges, IEEE Antennas and propagat. Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Memphis, USA, pp. 1266-1267, July 2014.
- J. Venter, M. Pelouskova, Outcomes and complications of a multifocal toric intraocular lens with a surface-embedded near section, Journal of Contaract & Refractive Surgery, vol. 39, pp. 859-866, June 2013.
- R. Siragusa, P. Lemaître-Auger, and S. Tedjini, Tunable near-field focused circular phase-array antenna for 5.8-GHz RFID applications, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat. Letters, vol. 10, pp. 33-36, March 2011.
- A. Buffi, P. Nepa, and G. Manara, Design criteria for near-field-focused planar arrays, IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 40-50, February 2012.
- F. Tofigh, J. Nourinia, M. N. Azarmanesh, and K. M. Khazaei, Near-field focused array microstrip planar antenna for medical applications, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat. Letters, vol. 13, pp. 951-954, May 2014.
- K. D. Stephan, J. B. Mead, D. M. Pozar, L. Wang, and J. A. Pearce, A near field focused microstrip array for a radiometric temperature sensor, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1199-1203, April 2007.
- A. Buffi, A. Serra, P. Nepa, G. Manara, and M. Luise, Near field focused microstrip arrays for gate access control systems, In Proc. IEEE Antennas Propag. Symp., Charleston, SC, USA, pp. 1-4, June 2009.
- M. Bogosanovic and A. G. Williamson, Microstrip antenna array with a beam focused in the near-field zone for application in noncontact microwave industrial inspection, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 2186-2195, December 2007.
- B. Shrestha, A. Elsherbeni, and L. Ukkonen, UHF RFID reader antenna for near-field and far-field operations, IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propag., vol. 10, pp. 1274-1277, November 2011.
- R. Siragusa, P. Lemaitre-Auger, and S. Tedjini, Near field focusing circular microstrip antenna array for RFID applications, In Proc. IEEE APSURSI, Charleston, SC, pp. 1-4, June 2009.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, H. A. Malhat, K. H. Awadalla, 8×8 near-field focused circularly polarized cylindrical DRA array for RFID applications, The applied computational Electromagnetics (ACES), vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 42-48, 2012.
- User's manual of CST Microwave Studio 2012.
- S. H. Zainud-Deen, S. M. Gaber, H. A. Malhat, and K. H. Awadalla, Cylindrical perforated transmitarrays, 2nd Middle East Conf. on Antenna and Proagat. (MECAP), Egypt, pp. 1-7, December 2013.
- R. C. Hansen, Focal region characteristics of focused array antennas, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 33, no. 12, 1328-1337, December 1985.