Main Article Content
In order to design electronic products for Electro Static Discharges constraints, the use of simulation is fundamental. This is the only solution to justify the design and to manage properly the margin during the development. In order to do so, models are required and especially for the integrated circuits (IC). A Pspice model had been developed and validated for ESD performance prediction of IC implemented inside an electronic product. Nevertheless, the practical implementation of these modeling techniques for IC induced some issues, especially under Pspice, being the targeted tool for our simulation. Divergences issues during time domain simulation were frequently observed and sometimes irresolvable with model previously proposed. We propose in this article new implementation techniques in Pspice. A practical example is used to demonstrate the capability of our model.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- S. Rigour, F. Lafon, and F. de Daran, Mixed electrical and thermal model for integrated circuits pulse behavior prediction, in 7th International workshop on Electromagnetic compatibility of Integrated circuits - EMC COMPO 09 - Toulouse, 2009.
- ISO 10605 : 2008 - Road vehicles - Test methods for electrical disturbances from electrostatic discharge.
- P. Besse, F. Lafon, N. Monnereau, F. Caignet, J.P. Laine, A.Salles, S. Rigour, M. Bafleur, N. Nolhier, D. Trémouilles – ESD system level characterization and modeling methods applied to a LIN transceiver Electrical Overstress - 33rd Electrostatic Discharge Symposium (EOS/ESD), 2011.
- Arndt, B.; zur Nieden, F.; Mueller, F.; Edenhofer, J.; Frei, S., Virtual ESD testing of automotive electronic systems, Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 2010 Asia-Pacific Symposium on , vol., no., pp.683,686, 12-16 April 2010.
- F. Lafon, F. de Daran, and S. Lecointre, ESD analysis methodology, from IC behavior to PCB prediction, in 6th International workshop on Electromagnetic compatibility of Integrated circuits - EMC COMPO 07 - Torino, Italy, 2007.
- IEC 62014-1 ed1.0 - Electronic design automation libraries - Part 1: Input/output buffer information specifications (IBIS version 3.2) – 2001.
- Kai Wang; Pommerenke, D.; Chundru, R.; Van Doren, T.; Centola, F.P.; Jiu Sheng Huang, Characterization of human metal ESD reference discharge event and correlation of generator parameters to failure levelspart II: correlation of generator parameters to failure levels, Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEEE Transactions on , vol.46, no.4, pp.505,511, Nov. 2004.
- Boselli, Gianluca, PhD thesis, On High Injection Mechanisms in Semiconductor Devices under ESD Conditions, 2001.
- Kai Wang; Pommerenke, D.; Chundru, R.; Van Doren, T.; Drewniak, J.L.; Shashindranath, A., Numerical modeling of electrostatic discharge generators, Electromagnetic Compatibility, IEEE Transactions on , vol.45, no.2, pp.258,271, May 2003.
- Wunsch, D.C.; Bell, R.R., Determination of Threshold Failure Levels of Semiconductor Diodes and Transistors Due to Pulse Voltages, Nuclear Science, IEEE Transactions on , vol.15, no.6, pp.244,259, Dec. 1968.
- IEC 62433-2: EMC IC modelling - Part 2: Models of integrated circuits for EMI behavioural simulation - Conducted emissions modelling (ICEM-CE) - 2008.
- IEC 62433-4 standard proposal in UTE47A committee: EMC IC modelling Part 4: Models of Integrated Circuits for EMI behavioural simulation, Conducted Immunity modelling (ICIM-CI).
- F. Lafon, Techniques and methodologies development to take into account EMC constraints in automotive equipment design. Immunity analysis from component until the equipment, Doctoral Thesis, INSA de Rennes (France), January 2011.
- Chu-Sun Yen; Fazarinc, Z.; Wheeler, R.L., Timedomain skin-effect model for transient analysis of lossy transmission lines, Proceedings of the IEEE , vol.70, no.7, pp.750,757, July 1982.
- T. Maloney, & N. Khurana, - Transmission line pulsing techniques for circuit modeling of ESD phenomena, 7th EOS/ESD Symposium, 1985.