Main Article Content
Numerous optimization techniques are studied and applied on antenna designs to optimize various performance parameters. Authors used many Multiple Attributes Decision Making (MADM) methods, which include, Weighted Sum Method (WSM), Weighted Product Method (WPM), Technique for Order Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS), Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), ELECTRE, etc. Of these many MADM methods, TOPSIS and AHP are more widely used decision making methods. Both TOPSIS and AHP are logical decision making approaches and deal with the problem of choosing an alternative from a set of alternatives which are characterized in terms of some attributes. Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) is explained in detail and compared with WSM and WPM. Authors ﬁ- nally used Teaching-Learning-Based Optimization (TLBO) technique; which is a novel method for constrained antenna design optimization problems.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- R. V. Rao, Decision Making in Manufacturing Environment Using Graph Theory and Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods: Volume 2. Springer, 2012, vol.2.
- R. Rao, V. Savsani, and D. Vakharia, "Teaching–learning-based optimization: A novel method for constrained mechanical design optimization problems," Computer-Aided Design, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 303–315, 2011.
- R. V. Raoand, V. J. Savsani, Mechanical design optimization using advanced optimization techniques. Springer, 2012.
- X. Chen, T. M. Grzegorczyk, B. -I. Wu, J. Pacheco Jr, and J. A. Kong, "Robust method to retrieve the consti-utive effective parameters of metamaterials," Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 1, p. 016608, 2004.
- J. B. Pendry, "Negative refraction makes a perfect lens," Physicalr eview letters, vol. 85, no. 18, p.3 966, 2000.
- K. Aydin, I. Bulu, and E. Ozbay, "Focusing of elec-romagnetic waves by a left-handed metamaterial ﬂat lens," Opt. Express, vol. 13, no. 22, pp. 8753–8759, 2005.
- D. Smith, J. Pendry, and M. Wiltshire," Metamaterials and negative refractive index," Science, vol. 305, no. 5685, pp. 788–792, 2004.