Main Article Content
In this paper, a new hybrid approach to modeling the magnetic induction produced by HV overhead power line which combines the current simulation method (CSM) and adaptive simulated annealing algorithm (ASA) is discussed. The aim of the ASA algorithm is to find the optimal position and number of current loops used in bundles conductors for an accurate magnetic induction. Several parameters affecting the magnetic induction have been studied; it is observed that, taking into account the effect of conductor sag is much more interesting particularly at the mid-span length where the magnetic induction becomes very significant, the results also indicated that the maximum magnetic induction levels are less than the limits recommended by the ICNIRP standard for general public and occupational exposure. The calculated results are compared with those obtained from the COMSOL 4.3a Multiphysics software. A good agreement has been reached.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- ICNIRP Standard. (2010). International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, Guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric and magnetic fields (1Hz to 100 kHz). Health Physics, 99 (6), 818-836.
- H. Magda, Biological Effects of Low Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, Chapter 10, Electromagnetic Environments and Health in Buildings, Spon Press. London, pp. 207-232. 2004.
- IEEE Standard, For Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Electric, Magnetic, and Electromagnetic Fields (0 Hz to 300 GHz), IEEE International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety, C95, 2005.
- G. James, R. Paolo, C. Elisabeth, Potential health impacts of residential exposures to extremely low frequency magnetic fields in Europe, Environment International Journal, 62 : 55-63. 2014.
- A. R. Sheppard, R. Kavet, D. C. Renew, Exposure guidelines for low - frequency electric and magnetic fields: report from the Brussels workshop, Health Physics Society Journal, 83 (3): 324-332, 2002.
- A. B. Rifai, M. A. Hakami, Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation, Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 2 (8): 1-12, 2014.
- E. Al-Bassam, A. Elumalai, A. Khan, L. Al-Awadi, Assessment of electromagnetic field levels from surrounding high-tension overhead power lines for proposed land use, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 188 (5):316-316, 2016.
- CIGRE, Electric and magnetic fields produced by transmission systems, Description of phenomena- Practical Guide for calculation. Working Group 01 (Interference and Fields) of Study Committee 36, Paris, 1980.
- G. Petrović, T. Kilić, T. Garma, T, Measurements and Estimation of the Extremely Low Frequency Magnetic Field of the Overhead Power Lines, Elektronika IR Elektrotechnika, 19 (7): 33-36, 2013.
- A. Bürgi, S. Sagar, B. Struchen, S. Joss, M. Röösli, Exposure Modelling of Extremely Low-Frequency Magnetic Fields from Overhead Power Lines and Its Validation by Measurements, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14 (9): 949-949, 2017.
- I. N. Ztoupis, I. F. Gonos, I. A. Stathopulos, Calculation of Power Frequency Fields from High Voltage Overhead Lines in Residential Areas, 18th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, paper A- 01, 61-69, 2013.
- M. Abdel-Salam, H. Abdallah, M. T. El-Mohandes, H. El-Kishky, Calculation of magnetic fields from electric power transmission lines, Electric Power Systems Research, 49 (2): 99-105, 1999.
- Y. Degui, L. Bing, D. Jun, H. Danmei, W. Xihong, Power Frequency Magnetic Field of Heavy Current Transmit Electricity Lines Based on Simulation Current Method, IEEE World Automation Congress, 1- 4, 2008.
- R. Roshdy, A. S. Mazen, M. Abdel-Bary, S. Mohamed, Laboratory Validation of Calculations of Magnetic Field Mitigation Underneath Transmission Lines Using Passive and Active Shield Wires, Innovative Systems Design and Engineering, 2 (4): 218-232, 2011.
- R. Djekidel, S. A. Bessedik, S. Akef, Accurate computation of magnetic induction generated by HV overhead power lines, Facta Universitatis, Series: Electronics and Energetics, 32 (2): 267-285, 2019.
- L. Ingber, Simulated annealing: practice versus theory, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 18 (11): 29-57, 1993.
- L. Ingber, Adaptive simulated annealing (ASA), lessons learned, Control and Cybernetics Journal, 25 (1): 33-54, 1996.
- A. V. Mamishev, R. D. Nevels, B. D. Russell, Effects of Conductor Sag on Spatial Distribution of Power Line Magnetic Field. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 11 (3): 1571-1576, 1996.
- M. P. Arabani, B. Porkar, S. Porkar, The influence of conductor sag on spatial distribution of transmission line magnetic field, Session CIGRE, Paper B2-202, Paris, 2004.
- R. Djekidel, D. Mahi, A. Ameur, A. Ouchar, M. Hadjaj, Calcul et atténuation du champ magnétique d'une ligne aérienne HT au moyen d'une boucle passive, Acta Electrotechnika journal, 54 (2) : 103-108, 2013.
- T. Vu-Phan, J. Tlusty, The Induced Magnetic Field Calculation of Three Phase Overhead Transmission Lines Above a Lossy Ground as a Frequency-Dependent Complex Function, IEEE Large Engineering Systems Conference on Power Engineering, 154-158, 2003.
- R. Djekidel, D. Mahi, Effect of the shield lines on the electric field intensity around the High Voltage overhead transmission lines, International Journal of Modelling, Measurement and Control A, 87 (1): 1-16, 2014.
- B. Hartmut, Z. Marek, Magnet Shape Optimization Using Adaptive Simulated Annealing, Facta Universitatis, series: Electronics and Energetics, 19 (2): 165-172, 2006.
- R. Jayachitra, A. Revathy, P. S. S. Prasad, A Fuzzy programming approach for formation of virtual cells under dynamic and uncertain conditions. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 2 (6): 1708-1724, 2010.
- A. Sadegheih, Evolutionary Algorithms and Simulated Annealing in the Topological Configuration of the Spanning Tree, WSEAS Transactions on Systems, 7 (2): 114-124, 2008.
- K. Y. Amit, S. Akhilesh, A. Abdul, O. P. Rahi, Application of simulated annealing and genetic algorithm in engineering Application, International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, 1 (2): 81-85, 2011.
- M. Tlas, J. Asfahani, Using of the Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) for quantitative interpretation of self-potential anomalies due to simple geometrical structures, Journal of King Abdul-Aziz University, Earth Sciences, 19 (1): 99-118, 2007.
- C. Sheng, W. Jun, The determination of optimal finite-precision controller realisations using a global optimisation strategy: a pole-sensitivity approach, Chapter 6. Digital controller implementation and fragility, Springer, 87-104, 2001.
- C. Sheng, B. L. Luk, Adaptive simulated annealing for optimization in signal processing applications, Elsevier Science, Signal Processing, 79 (1): 117-128, 1999.
- S. Tupsie, A. Isaramongkolrak, P. Pao-la-or, Analysis of electromagnetic field effects using FEM for transmission lines transposition, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 5(4): 227-231, 2010.
- E.O. Virjoghe, D. Enescu, M.F. Stan, C. Cobianu, Numerical determination of electric field around a high voltage electrical overhead line, Journal of Science and Arts, 12 (4): 487-496, 2012.
- R. Deltuva, J. A. Virbalis, S. Gečys, Electric and magnetic fields of the High Voltage autotransformer, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 10 (106): 9-12, 2010.
- S. P. Prashant, S. C. Viral, Analysis of electric stress in High Voltage cables containing voids, International journal of Engineering Research & Technology, 3 (3): 1443-1447, 2014.
- M. N. O. Sadiku, Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics, 2nd edition. Boca Raton, CRC Press, 2000.
- W. K. Young, B. Hyochoong, The Finite Element Method Using MATLAB, London, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2000.
- J. Jin, The Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Interscience, 2002.
- H. Stanley, Finite-element methods for electromagnetic fields, Field Precision LLC, University of New Mexico, U.S.A, 2010.
- P. Pao-la-or, A. Isaramongkolrak, T. Kulworawanichpong, Finite element analysis of magnetic field distribution for 500-kV power transmission systems, Engineering letters, 18 (1), EL_18_1_01, 2010.
- D. Ramūnas, R. Lukočius, Electric and magnetic field of different transpositions of overhead power line, Archives of Electrical Engineering, 66 (3): 595-605, 2017.
- A. N. E. I. Ayad, W. Krika, H. Boudjella, A. Horch, Simulation of the electromagnetic field in the vicinity of the overhead power transmission line, European journal of Electrical Engineering, 21(1), 49-53, 2019.
- E-S. M. El-Refaie, M. K. Abd-Elrahman, M. M. Khalil, Electric field distribution of optimized composite insulator profiles under different pollution conditions, Ain shams Engineering Journal, 9 (4): 1349-1356, 2018.
- B. A. Rachedi, A. Babouri, F. Berrouk, A Study of Electromagnetic Field Generated by High Voltage Lines using COMSOL MULTIPHYSICS, International Conference on Electrical Sciences and Technologies in Maghreb, Tunis, pp. 1-5, 2014.
- K. A. Oladejo, R. Abu, M. Adewale, Effective Modeling and Simulation of Engineering Problems with COMSOL Multiphysics, International Journal of science and technology, 2 (10): 742−748, 2012.
- S. Mukesh, D. T. Blake, B. J. McKinnon, P. T. Bhatti, Modeling intracochlear magnetic stimulation: a Finite-Element Analysis, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 25(8): 1353-1362, 2017.