Main Article Content
This paper deals with the High-Order Method of Moments (HO-MoM) combined with Non-Uniform Rational Basis Splines (NURBS) segments to evaluate the scattering by a 2D cylinder. The authors mainly focus upon the influence of the different parameters (polynomial basis, order, mesh length, curvature, polarization,...) and try to determine if a optimal choice exists or not for the convergence speed.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- W. Gibson, The Method of Moments in Electromagnetics. Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2008.
- E. Jorgensen, J. L. Volakis, P. Meincke, and O. Breinbjerg, "Higher order hierarchical legendre basis functions for electromagnetic modeling," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 52, pp. 2985–2995, 2004.
- J. P. Zhang, Y. S. Xu, and W. D. Wang, "Highorder basis functions for the moment method solution of two-dimensional scattering problems," in APMC, 2005.
- S. G. Wang, X. P. Guan, D. W. Wang, X. Y. Ma, and Y. Su, "Electromagnetic scattering by mixed conducting/dielectric objects using higher-order MoM," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, vol. 66, pp. 51–63, 2006.
- C. J. Lv, Y. Shi, and C. H. Liang, "Higher order hierarchical Legendre basis functions application to the analysis of scattering by uniaxial anisotropic objects," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, vol. 13, p. 133143, 2010.
- G. Liu and S. D. Gedney, "High-order method of moment solution for penetrable scatterers," in Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2001.
- Z. L. Liu and J. Yang, "Analysis of electromagnetic scattering with higher-order moment method and NURBS model," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, vol. 96, pp. 83–100, 2009.
- H. Yuan, N. Wang, and C. Liang, "Combining the higher-order method of moments with geometric modelling by NURBS surfaces," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 57, pp. 3558– 3563, 2009.
- T. Durham and C. Christodoulou, "Integral equation analysis of dielectric and conducting bodies of revolution in the presence of arbitrary surfaces," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 674 –680, jul 1995.
- I. V. Andronov and D. Bouche, "Asymptotic of creeping waves on a strongly prolate body," Annales Des Telecommunications, vol. 49, pp. 205–210, 1994.
- C. Davis and K.Warnick, "Error analysis of 2-D MoM for MFIE/EFIE/CFIE based on the circular cylinder," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 321 – 331, jan. 2005.
- F. Molinet, "Uniform asymptotic solution for the diffraction by a discontinuity in curvature," Annales Des Telecommunications, vol. 50, pp. 523–535, 1995.
- "Edge-excited rays on convex and concave structures: a review," Antennas and Propagation Magazine, IEEE, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 34 – 46, oct. 2005.
- M. Djordjevic and B. Notaros, "Double higher order method of moments for surface integral equation modeling of metallic and dielectric antennas and scatterers," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 2118 – 2129, aug. 2004.
- D. F. Rogers, An introduction to NURBS with historical perspective. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2001.
- L. Valle, F. Rivas, and M. F. Catedra, "Combining the moment method with geometrical modelling by NURBS surfaces and B’ezier patches," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 42, pp. 373–381, 1994.
- M. Sadiku, Numerical Techniques in Electromagnetics with MATLAB. CRC Press, 2009.
- S. S. H. Naqvi, "A comment on the use of TE/TM polarization notation," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 38, p. 584, 1990.
- A. F. Peterson, S. L. Ray, and R. Mittra, Computational Methods for Electromagnetics. IEEE Press, 1998.
- L. Tsang, J. Kong, K. Ding, and C. Ao, Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves: Numerical Simulations. John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
- J. Ma, V. Rokhlin, and S. Wandzura, "Generalized gaussian quadrature rules for systems of arbitrary functions," Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 33, pp. 971–996, 1996.
- P. J. Davis and P. Rabinowitz, Methods of Numerical Integration. Academic Press, 1975.
- L. R. Hamilton, J. J. Ottusch, M. A. Stalzer, and R. Turley, "Numerical solution of 2-D scattering problems using high-order methods," Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 47, pp. 683–691, 1999.
- M. Djordevic and B. M. Notaros, "Three types of higher-order MoM basis functions automatically satisfying current continuity conditions," in IEEE Antennas Propagation Society International Symposium, 2002.
- M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of optics, 7th ed. Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- A. Coatanhay and J.-M. Conoir, "Scattering near a plane interface using a generalized method of images approach," vol. 12, pp. 233–256, 2004.
- "Scattering by an elastic cylinder embedded in a fluid sediment. generalized method of images (gmi) approach," vol. 44, pp. 77–91, 2006.
- E. Cojocaru, "Mathieu functions approach to bidimensional scattering by dielectric elliptical cylinders," Department of Theoretical Physics IFIN HH, Romania, Tech. Rep., 2008.
- P. Tsuji, K. Parrish, and C. Xu, "Scattering from PEC cylinders by normally incident plane wave," The university of Texas at Austin, Tech. Rep., 2010.