Main Article Content
A modal analysis for the directional coupler is presented in this paper. The analysis is based on the mode-matching technique. The theory is verified by Ansoft HFSS software at a directional coupler with standard X-band (WR 90) rectangular waveguide ports. Element values of equivalent circuit model are computed by using the S-parameters obtained from the presented method in this paper. In addition this paper has corrected two formulations used in two previous works which have been published.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Hildebrand, L. T., "Results for a simple compact narrow-wall directional coupler," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 10, No. 6, 231-232, June 2000.
- M. Mohammadi and F. H. Kashani "Planar eight port waveguide mono-pulse comparator" Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 6, 103-113, 2009.
- M. Mohammadi, F. H. Kashani and J. Ghalibafan, "A compact planar monopulse combining network at W-band" 5th IEEE GCC Conference & Exhibition, Kuwait City, pp. 1-5, 2009.
- Rizzi, P. A., Microwave Engineering Passive Circuits, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1988.
- Wang, Z.-X., W.-B. Dou, and Z.-L. Mei, "A compact H-plane magic tee designed at W band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 35-48, 2008.
- Riabi,M. L.,R. Thabet,and M. Belmeguenai,"Rigorous design and efficient optimizattion of quarter-wave transformers in metallic circular waveguides using the mode-matching method and the genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 68,15-33, 2007.
- Huang,R. and D. Zhang,"Application of mode matching method to analysis of axisymmetric coaxial discontinuity structures used in permeability and/or permittivity measurement," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 67, 205-230, 2007.
- Z.X. Wang and W.B. Dou, A Design of Magic Tee with Coplanar Arms, International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 25, NO.6, 939-958, June 2004.
- Z.X. Wang, W.B. Dou and G.H. Li, "A Design of H-Plane Magic Tee at W Band" International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, Vol 1, 280 - 283, April 2008.
- Hirako and Hsu "Equivalent network for H-plane rectangular-waveguide circuits and its practical application for analysis of circuit performance and field behavior" International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol 14 , No 3, 210 - 226, May 2004.
- N. Marcuvitz, Waceauide Handbook, Radiation Laboratory Series, vol. 10, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1951.
- A. Balanis, Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley and Sons, 1989.
- Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1990.