Main Article Content
In this paper, the effect of weight fraction and frequency on dielectric properties of polymethylmethacrylate filled with copper nanobud particles is studied. copper nano particles were synthesized by chemical reduction method. The resultant copper nano particles were characterized by UV-Vis spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Results show that the Cu Nps have bud shapes, and their average particle size obtained from the XRD study is 53.78 nm. For the resultant composite materials, such as the dielectric behavior of composite materials reinforced with 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20% weight fractions of copper nanobud particles and frequency ranges of 50, 250, 103, 104, 105, and 106 Hz at 25 °C were investigated. Results reveal that the dielectric constant, dielectric loss factor, and dissipation factor increased with the increase in weight fraction of copper nanobud particles due to their high conductivity. The dielectric constant, dielectric loss, and dissipation factor decreased with the increase in frequency.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- N. Awaya, et al., Evaluation of a copper metallization process and the electrical characteristics of copper-interconnected quarter-micron CMOS. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 1996. 43: p. 1206-1212.
- R.J. Gutmann, Advanced silicon IC interconnect technology and design: present\ntrends and RF wireless implications. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 1999. 47: p. 667-674.
- J.H. Golden, C.J. Hawker, and P.S. Ho, Designing porous low-k dielectrics. Semiconductor International, 2001. 24: p. 79-88.
- M.M. Li, et al., Dielectric properties of electrospun titanium compound/polymer composite nanofibres. Chinese Physics B, 2010. 19.
- N.Aoi, Novel Porous Films Having Low Dielectric Constants Synthesized by Liquid Phase Silylation of Spin-On Glass Sol for Intermetal Dielectrics. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 1997. 36: p. 1355-1359.
- Wu, W.-l., et al., Properties of nanoporous silica thin films determined by high-resolution x-ray reflectivity and small-angle neutron scattering. Journal of Applied Physics, 2000. 87: p. 1193.
- Jo. M.H., et al., SiO2aerogel film as a novel intermetal dielectric. Journal of Applied Physics, 1997. 82: p. 1299-1304.
- A.Kelly, Concise encyclopedia of composite materials. 2012.
- A. Mortensen, Concise encyclopedia of composite materials. 2006.
- M. Xanthos, Functional fillers for plastics. 2010.
- J . Delmonte, Metal/polymer composites. 2013.
- J.C . D.R .Denison, Barbour, and J.H. Burkhart, Low dielectric constant, fluorine-doped SiO2 for intermetal dielectric. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces, and Films, 1996. 14: p. 1124-1126.
- M .Tada., et al., Cu dual damascene interconnects in porous organosilica film with organic hard-mask and etch-stop layers for 70 nm-node ULSIs, in Interconnect Technology Conference, 2002. Proceedings of the IEEE 2002 International. 2002. p. 12-14.
- M., A.Akram, Javed, and T.Z. Rizvi, Dielectric properties of industrial polymer composite materials. Turkish Journal of Physics, 2006. 29: p. 355-362.
- K .Majdi, and H. Fadhal, Electrical conduction of PMMA and the effect of graphite addition. Univ. of Basrah, Iraqi of Polymers, 1997. 1(1): p. 15-20.
- C.Basavaraja.,et al., Preparation, characterization and low frequency ac conduction of polypyrrole-lead titanate composites. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2007. 28: p. 1104-1108.
- Z .Al-Ramadhan, Effect of Nickel salt on electrical properties of polymethylmethacrylate. Journal of College of Education, 2008: p. 321-399.
- S .Bhattacharya,., R.P. Tandon, and V.K. Sachdev, Electrical conduction of graphite filled high density polyethylene composites; experiment and theory. Journal of materials science, 2009. 44: p. 2430-2433.
- B.Hussien, M. Abdul-Muhsin, and A. Hashim, Study of some electrical properties for PMMA-TiO2 composites. Atti Della Fondazione Giorgio Ronchi Anno LXVI N. 1, 2010: p. 45.
- B.Hussien , The DC and AC electrical properties of (PMMA-Al2O3) composites. Eur J Sci Res, 2011. 52: p. 236-242.
- S.H .Mohammad., The Effect of Different Water Solution on the Electrical Conductivity of Polyester Reinforced With Waste Aluminum. Al-Nahrain Journal for Engineering Sciences, 2015. 18: p. 61-65.
- A.W .Watan,. and S.H. Aleabi, Studing Some Effective Parameter on The Dielectric Properties of Composite Materials Containing of Un Saturated Polyester Resin. Engineering and Technology Journal, 2015. 33: p. 83-90.
- M.Sampath,., et al., Green synthesis of novel jasmine bud-shaped copper nanoparticles. Journal of Nanotechnology, 2014. 2014.
- S.Tan,., et al., Facile fabrication of copper-supported ordered mesoporous carbon for antibacterial behavior. Materials Letters, 2010. 64: p. 2163-2166.
- D.B.Pedersen., S. Wang, and S.H. Liang, Charge-Transfer-Driven Diffusion Processes in Cu@ Cu-Oxide Core− Shell Nanoparticles: Oxidation of 3.0±0.3 nm Diameter Copper Nanoparticles. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2008. 112: p. 8819-8826.
- T. M.A.Ghodselahi,. Vesaghi, and A. Shafiekhani, Study of surface plasmon resonance of Cu@ Cu2O core-shell nanoparticles by Mie theory. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2008. 42(1): p. 015308.
- L .Balogh. and D.A. Tomalia, Poly (amidoamine) dendrimer-templated nanocomposites. 1. Synthesis of zerovalent copper nanoclusters. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 1998. 120: p. 7355-7356.
- R.M. Crooks., et al., Dendrimer-encapsulated metal nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization, and applications to catalysis. Accounts of chemical research, 2001. 34: p. 181-190.
- M. Kutz., Handbook of materials selection. 2002.
- A .Moores,. and F. Goettmann, The plasmon band in noble metal nanoparticles: an introduction to theory and applications. New Journal of Chemistry, 2006. 30: p. 1121-1132.
- A.T .Shah., et al., In situ synthesis of copper nanoparticles on SBA-16 silica spheres. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2016. 9(4): p. 537-541.