Main Article Content
This study reports the design of a coplanar waveguide (CPW)-fed triple band fractal antenna for radio navigation and fixed satellite services. Reported antenna has low profile, multiband and wideband performance which make it suitable for the radio navigation and fixed satellite services in S band, C band
and X band. Proposed antenna resonates at 2.6GHz, 4.4GHz, and 8.7 GHz having bandwidth of 0.2457GHz, 0.700GHz, and 4.1980 GHz respectively. Maximum
gain for the resonating bands is 3.6 dB, 5.5 dB, and 7.3 dB respectively. Simulated performance parameter of proposed antenna is verified experimentally by testing the fabricated antenna. Measured and simulated results are in good agreement
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- C. Balanis, Antenna Theory - Analysis and Design. 1997.
- R. Garg, P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip antenna design handbook. 2001.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, "The fractal geometry of nature/Revised and enlarged edition/," New York, 1983.
- D. H. Werner and S. Ganguly, "An overview of fractal antenna engineering research," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 38-57, 2003.
- M. Tarbouch, A. E. L. Amri, H. Terchoune, and O. Barrou, "Trial of H-Tree Fractal Slots in The Ground Plane of A Micropstrip Patch Antenna," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., vol. 13, no. 1, pp.51-60, 2018.
- S. Rani and A. P. Singh, "Modified Koch fractal antenna with asymmetrical ground plane for multi and UWB applications," Int. J. Appl. Electromagn. Mech., vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 259-267, 2013.
- V. V Reddy, "Broadband Koch Fractal Boundary Printed Slot Antenna for ISM Band Applications," Adv. Electromagn., vol. 7, no. 5, 2018.
- M. Ram, S. Das, and R. L. Yadava, "A Quad Band Sierpinski Trapezoidal Fractal Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications," J. Microwaves, Optoelectron. Electromagn. Appl., vol. 16, pp. 25-37, 2017.
- R. A. S. Hassan M. Elkamchouchi, "Triple Band Microstrip Patch Antenna with I Slot For Radar Altimeter Applications," IOSR J. Electron. Commun. Eng., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 53-57, 2016.
- T. Phasithjirakul, T. Wannasirimongkol, A. Namsang, R. Lerdwanittip, and P. Chomthong, "Design of a dual-band Verre de Champagne Fractal CPW antenna for LTE and aircraft altimeter application," in ISAP 2016 - International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 2017.
- Sachin Chauhan, J. K. Deegwal, and R. Gera, "A Design of Triangular Sierpinski Gasket Fractal Antenna," Int. J. Electron. Commun. Technol., vol.4, pp. 62-64, 2013.
- K. RamaDevi, A. M. Prasad, and A. Jhansi Rani, "Design of A Pentagon Microstrip Antenna for Radar Altimeter Application," Int. J. Web Semant. Technol., vol. 3, pp. 31-42, 2012.
- D. E. L. Nabaoui, A. Tajmouati, J. Zbitou, A. Errkik, and A. Mediavilla, "A New Design of a Low Cost Multiband Fractal CPW-Fed Antenna,"Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2018.
- P. A. Ambresh, P. M. Hadalgi, and P. V. Hunagund, "Planar microstrip slot antenna for S & C band wireless applications," in Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2013, vol. 435, no. 1.
- M. Kaur, A. P. D. Singh, and G. S. Gill, "Design of T-Shaped Fractal Patch Antenna for Wireless Applications," Int. J. Res. Eng. Technol., vol. 4, no.9, pp. 401-405, 2015.
- P. R. Prajapati, A. Patnaik, and M. V. Kartikeyan, "Design of single feed dual band dual polarized microstrip antenna with defected ground structure for aeronautical and radio navigation applications," in 2014 31th URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, URSI GASS 2014, 2014.
- E. G. Lim, Z. Wang, C. U. Lei, Y. Wang, and K. L. Man, "Ultra wideband antennas - past and present," IAENG Int. J. Comput. Sci., vol. 37, no. 3, 2010.
- J. Naghar, A. Naghar, O. Aghzout, A. V. Alejos, and F. Falcone, "A UWB frequency-band reconfigurable antenna for satellite applications," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., vol. 13, no. 1, pp.18-25, 2018.
- M. Gupta and V. Mathur, "Wheel shaped modified fractal antenna realization for wireless communications," AEU - Int. J. Electron. Commun., vol. 79, pp. 257-266, 2017.
- M. Gupta and V. Mathur, "Koch boundary on the square patch microstrip antenna for ultra wideband applications," Alexandria Engineering Journal, 2017.
- K. K. Sawant and C. R. S. Kumar, "CPW fed hexagonal micro strip fractal antenna for UWB wireless communications," AEU - Int. J. Electron. Commun., vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 31-38, 2014.
- S. R. Best, "On the performance properties of the Koch fractal and other bent wire monopoles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1292-1300, 2003.
- C. P. Baliarda, J. Romeu, and A. Cardama, "The Koch monopole: A small fractal antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 48, no. 11, pp.1773-1781, 2000.
- J. P. Gianvittorio and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Fractal antennas: A novel antenna miniaturization technique, and applications," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., 2002.
- K. J. Vinoy, K. A. Jose, V. K. Varadan, and V. V. Varadan, "Hilbert curve fractal antenna: A small resonant antenna for VHF/UHF applications,"Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., vol. 29, no. 4, pp.215-219, 2001.
- A. Kumar and A. Partap, "On the Design of 2×2 Element Fractal Antenna Array using Dragonfly Optimization," Int. J. Comput. Appl., vol. 179, no.33, pp. 27-34, Apr. 2018.
- S. Mirjalili, "Dragonfly algorithm: a new metaheuristic optimization technique for solving singleobjective, discrete, and multi-objective problems,"Neural Comput. Appl., vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1053-1073, 2016.
- S. Singhal and A. K. Singh, "CPW-fed octagonal super-wideband fractal antenna with defected ground structure," IET Microwaves, Antennas Propag., 2017.