Main Article Content
In this paper, design and development of compact Rat- Race coupler is presented. The device is designed with commercially available semi rigid coaxial cable. The semi rigid coaxial is modified for desired impedance to suit the requirement of Rat- race hybrid coupler. The physical structure of the coupler is in rectangular form instead of the conventional ring form. With this structure, all the ports are available in line on the same side. This eases the integration of the device with other modules or devices in the system. The total area occupied the coupler is reduced drastically by meandering the transmission line. The shielded transmission line provides better port isolation and less radiation loss. Design, implementation and measured results are presented.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- K.V. Phani Kumar, Rusan Kumar Barik, SS Karthikeyan, "A novel two section branch line coupler employing different transmission Line techniques", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.70, Issue 5, pp.738-742, May 2016.
- Mehrdad Naderi, Hamed Abbasi, "Design of Compact Microstrip Branch Line coupler using Semi- circular rectangular resonators with wide range suppressed harmonics", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.84, pp.171-176, Feb. 2018.
- Mahdi-Moradian, "Wideband Slot Coupled Power dividers", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.82, pp.327-333, Dec. 2017.
- Hamed Shahi, Hossein Shamsi, "Compact Wideband Gysel Power dividers with harmonic Suppression and arbitrary power division Ratios", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.79, pp.16-25, Sep. 2017.
- Xiao Yang, XuChun Zhang, ZhenHeng Liao, "A Novel Planar Four-way Power divider with large dividing ratio", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications,Vol.85, pp.1-6, Feb.2018.
- Ashraf S. Mohra and Majeed A. Alkanhal, " Dual Band Wilkinson Power Dividers UsingT-Sections" Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol.7, No. 2, pp-83-90, December 2008.
- Zhen Yang, Weiguo Liu, "A Balanced-to-Single-Ended Wilkinson Power Divider", Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol.16, pp-777-784, No. 3, September 2017.
- Suwan Janin, Keattisak Sripimanwat, Chuwong Phong Charoenpanich, Monai Krairiksh, "A hybrid Ring Coupler Quasi-optical Antenna Mixer", AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.63, Issue 1, pp.36-45, 17 Jan. 2009.
- Mohammad Beigizadeh, Rasoul Dehghani, Abdolreza Nabavi, "Analysis and design of lumped element Hybrid Coupler using limited quality factor Components", International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol.82, pp.312-320, , Dec. 2017.
- David M. Pozer, "Microwave engineering" , John Willey and Sons Inc. Publication, third ed., 2005.
- Lin-Zong, Jan-Dong,Binshu Wu, Jhih-Min Li, "Hybrid type Rat-Race Coupler designs", APEMC-2015.
- Y-C Chiou, J-T Kuo and C-H Chan, "New miniaturized dual band rat-race coupler with microwave C-sections", IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Sympo. Dig. pp.701-704, 2009.
- Iulia Andreea Mocanu, Teodor Petrescu, " Novel dual band hybrid Rat-Race with CRLH and D-CRLH transmission Lines", Proc. of the Asia Pacific Microwave conference, 2011.
- He-Xin Xu, Guang- Ming Wang and Ke Lu, "Microstrip Rat-race Couplers", IEEE Microwave magazine, pp.117-129, June-2011.
- J. Reed and C.J. Wheeler, "Method of Analysis of Symmetrical Four- Port Networks", IRE trans. On Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. MTT-4, pp.246-252, October 1956.
- Spectrum, Elektrotechnik GmbH, "quick Connections, the 99 hand book" 80905, Munich Germany, 1999.