Main Article Content
A novel design of phased array antenna based on a Slotted Waveguide Antenna Array (SWAA) is introduced in this paper. The CST Microwave Studio simulation results show that the S‒parameters, the gain, the axial ratio, and the beamwidth of the proposed phased array antenna are affected by the value of the progressive phase shift. The simulated results of the proposed phased array antenna at different values of progressive phase demonstrate that the S‒parameters for almost all ports are less than ‒10 dB over at least 2% bandwidth, the simulated phased array antenna gain is above 17 dB in the frequency range from 9.5 GHz to 9.7 GHz, the range of frequencies over which the simulated Axial Ratio (AR) is below 3 dB is not fixed and varied according to the selected progressive phase, the simulated beamwidth can be 6.5˚ or narrower based on the value of the progressive phase shift.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- M. Elhefnawy and W. Ismail, "A Microstrip Antenna Array for Indoor Wireless Dynamic Environments," in IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 3998-4002, Dec. 2009.
- Kyeong-Sik Min, J. Hirokawa, M. Ando and N. Goto, "U-shaped slots for circularly polarized slotted waveguide array," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium. 1995 Digest, Newport Beach, CA, USA, 1995, pp. 1434-1437 vol.3.
- X. l. Jing, Z. j. Zhu, Y. z. Wang and Y. Peng, "A new kind of circular polarized slotted waveguide array antenna," 2015 16th International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology (ICEPT), Changsha, 2015, pp. 1374-1376.
- S. Rozenberg and A. Yahalom, "A THz Slot Antenna Optimization using Analytical Techniques," RADIOENGINEERING, vol. 25, no. 1. Sep. 2016.
- https://www.radiall.com/media/files/RFCableAssemblies%20D1C004XEe.pdf [Accessed 7 Feb. 2018].