Main Article Content
In this paper, some features of electromagnetic transmission of the waves of ”semiconductor dielectric” periodic Bragg structure with a finite number of periods have been investigated. In the absence of absorption, for a structure with p-type semiconductor layers, we have analyzed the dependences on the external magnetic field of photon spectrum and transmission coefficient spectrum. It has been shown that with an increasing magnetic field, there is a significant narrowing of bandwidth and broadening of band gaps, as well as formation of new band gaps in the resonance region. The boundaries of all forbidden and allowed bands are shifted to higher frequencies with the increase of the angle of radiation incidence.
- M. Inoue, M. Levy, A. V. Baryshev, Magnetophotonics: From theory to applications, Springer Science & Business Media, 2013.
- S. A. Maier, Plasmonics: fundamentals and applications, Springer Science & Business Media, 2007.
- K. Sakoda, Optical properties of photonic crystals, volume 80, Springer Science & Business Media, 2004.
- S. G. Johnson, J. D. Joannopoulos, Photonic crystals: the road from theory to practice, Springer Science & Business Media, 2001.
- E. Yablonovitch, Photonics: One-way road for light, Nature 461 (2009) 744–745.
- A. Yariv, P. Yeh, Optical waves in crystals, volume 10, Wiley, New York, 1984.
- F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, A. P. Tetervov, High-frequency properties of semiconductors with superlattices, Moscow Izdatel Nauka (1989).
- S. Erokhin, L. Deych, A. Lisyansky, A. Granovsky, Magneto-optical effects in excitonic one-dimensional structures, in: Solid State Phenomena, volume 152, Trans Tech Publ, 2009, pp. 503– 507.
- V. Kumar, B. Suthar, J. Malik, A. Kumar, K. S. Singh, T. Singh, A. Bhargva, Defect mode properties and origin in one dimensional photonic crystal, Photonics and Optoelectronics (2013).
- S. Eliseeva, D. Sementsov, Optical spectra of one-dimensional defect photonic crystals, Optics and Spectroscopy 109 (2010) 729–737.
- V. I. Fesenko, I. V. Fedorin, V. R. Tuz, Dispersion regions overlapping for bulk and surface polaritons in a magnetic- semiconductor superlattice, Optics letters 41 (2016) 2093–2096.
- A. I. Ignatov, A. M. Merzlikin, M. Levy, A. P. Vinogradov, Formation of degenerate band gaps in layered systems, Materials, 5 (2012) 1055–1083.
- Y. S. Dadoenkova, N. Dadoenkova, D. Korobko, I. Zolotovskii, D. Sementsov, I. Lyubchanskii, Tunnelling of frequency-modulated wavepackets in photonic crystals with amplification, Journal of Optics 18 (2015) 015102.
- M. Born, E. Wolf, Principles of optics: electromagnetic theory of propagation, interference and diffraction of light, Elsevier, 1980.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).