Main Article Content
This paper exhibits the design and performance of a coplanar waveguide (CPW) fed triple notched band ultra-wide band (UWB) antenna. Proposed prototype has two U-shaped slots on the patch and an inverted U slot in feed line with a metal reflector beneath the radiating element. Proposed structure renders wider impedance bandwidth extended between frequencies 2.71GHz to 12.92 GHz for VSWR < 2 with three rejection bands in the frequency ranges 3.456 to 3.988 GHz (WI-MAX IEEE 802.16), 5.27 to 6.032 GHz (WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/h/j/n) and 7.88 to 8.65 GHz (X-band down link satellite system) for VSWR > 2. The utmost simulated gain of proposed antenna with reflector is close to 9.9dBi at 7.4GHz. A sharp reduction observed in the efficiency values of the proposed structure at stop bands. Perhaps, this structure proved as a useful tool for various applications in modern communication systems including UWB.
- FCC. Revision of Part 15 of the Commission's Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems FCC, Report FCC 02–48. Washington, DC, USA: FCC, 2002.
- K. Siwiak, D. McKeown, Ultra-wideband Radio Technology, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, The Artium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex PO 19 8 SQ, England, April 2004.
- X. Shen, M. Guizani, R. C, Qiu, T. Le-Ngoc, Ultra-wideband Wireless Communication and Networks, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, The Artium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex PO 19 8 SQ, England, 2006.
- F.-B. Zarrabi, Z. Mansouri, N.-P. Gandji, H. Kuhestani, Triple-notch UWB monopole antenna with fractal Koch and T-shaped stub, AEU- International Journal of Electronics and Communication 70: 64-69, 2016.
- M. Sharma, Y.-K. Awasthi, H. Singh, R. Kumar, S. Kumari, Compact printed high rejection triple band-notch UWB antenna with multiple wireless applications, Engineering Science and Technology 19: 1626-1634, 2016.
- A. Syed, R.-W. Aldhaheri, A very compact and low profile UWB planar antenna with WLAN band rejection, The Scientific World Journal 2016 Article ID 3560938:1-7, 2016.
- Z. Hu, Y. Hu, Y. Luo, W. Xin, A novel rectangle tree fractal UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C 68: 21-30, 2016.
- C. Tang, N. Yang, A novel compact UWB antenna with triple notched bands using square ring short stub loaded resonator, [CrossRef]Progress In Electromagnetics Research letters 58: 17-22, 2016.
- Z. Amiri, S. Movagharnia, M. Masoumi, M. Shokry, B.-S. Virdee, Extremely wideband printed monopole antenna with dual rejection bands, Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett. 58: 908-911, 2016.
- G. Mishra, S. Sahu, Modified octahedron shaped antenna with parasitic loading plane having dual band notch characteristics for UWB applications, Int J RF and Microwave Comp Aid Eng 26: 426–434, 2016.
- W. Ding, G. Wang, Miniaturized band-notched ultra-wideband antenna, Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett. 58: 2780-2786, 2016.
- S. Das, D. Mitra, S.-R.-B. Chaudhuri, Design of UWB planar monopole antennas with etched spiral slot on the patch for multiple band-notched characteristics. International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology 2015 Article ID 303215: 1-9, 2015.
- S. Yadav, A.-K. Gautam, B.-K. Kanaujia, Design of miniaturized single-notch band microstrip patch antenna with enhanced UWB performance, Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett. 58: 1494-1499, 2016.
- O.-M. Haraz, A. Elboushi, A.-B. Sebak, Band Rejection Capabilities of UWB Elliptical Slot Antenna with Half Circular and Crescent Ring Shaped Radiators, 2010 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Sherton Centre Hotel, Toronto, Canada, pp. 1-4, July 2010.
- K.-G. Jangid, A. Tiwari, V. Sharma, V.-S. Kulhar, V.-K. Saxena, D. Bhatnagar, Circular Patch Antenna with Defected Ground for UWB Communication with WLAN Band Rejection, Defence Science Journal 66(2): 162-167, 2016.
- N. Jaglan, B.-K. Kanaujia, S.-D. Gupta, S. Srivastav, Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C 66: 139-147, 2016.
- H.-A. Atallah, A.-B. Abdel Rahman, Y. Yoshitomi, R.-K. Pokharel, Design of dual band-notched CPW-fed UWB planar monopole antenna using microstrip resonators, Progress In Electromagnetics Research letters 59: 51-56, 2016.
- X. Gong, L. Tong, Y. Tian, B. Gao, Design of a microstrip-fed hexagonal shape UWB antenna with triple notched bands, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C 62: 77-87, 2016.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).