Main Article Content
The aim of this proposal is to demonstrate the ability of tridimensional (3-D) electromagnetic modeling tool for the characterization of composite materials in microwave frequency band range. Indeed, an automated procedure is proposed to generate random materials, proceed to 3-D simulations, and compute shielding effectiveness (SE) statistics with finite integration technique. In this context, 3-D electromagnetic models rely on random locations of conductive inclusions; results are compared with classical electromagnetic mixing theory (EMT) approaches (e.g. Maxwell-Garnett formalism), and dynamic homogenization model (DHM). The article aims to demonstrate the interest of the proposed approach in various domains such as propagation and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- S. Kozik, M. Binhussain, A. Smirnov, N. Khilo, and V. Agabekov, "Investigation of surface roughness influence on hyperbolic metamaterial performance," Advanced Electromagentics, vol. 3, pp. 6–9, 2014.
- P. Tichit, S. Burokur, X. Wu, D. Germain, and A. de Lustrac, "Novel antenna concepts via coordinate transformation," Advanced Electromagentics, vol. 2,pp. 23–32, 2013.
- C. Njoku,W. Whittow, and J. Vardaxoglou, "Effective permittivity of heterogeneous substrates with cubes in a 3-d lattice," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 1480–1483, 2011.
- V. Preault, R. Corcolle, L. Daniel, and L. Pichon, "Effective permittivity of shielding composite materials for microwave frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 55, pp. 1178– 1186, 2013.
- M. Boubekeur, A. Kameni, and L. Pichon, "Modeling of thin heterogeneous sheets in the discontinuous galerkin method for 3d transient scattering problems," European Physical Journal Applied Physics, vol. 73, pp. 1–5, 2016.
- D. Micheli, M. Marchetti, R. Pastore, A. Vricella, G. Gradoni, F. Moglie, and V. Mariani Primiani, "Shielding effectiveness of carbon nanotube reinforced concrete composites by reverberation chamber measurements," in Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), 2015 International Conference on, pp. 145–148, 2015.
- C. Baer, T. Jaeschke, P. Mertmann, N. Pohl, and T. Musch, "A mmwave measuring procedure for mass flow monitoring of pneumatic conveyed bulk materials," IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 14, pp. 3201–3209,2014.
- A. Arslan, H. Wang, J. Pulliainen, and M. Hallikainen, "Effective permittivity of wet snow by using two-phase strong fluctuation theory with nonsymmetrical inclusions," in International Symposium on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 2000, pp. 1519– 1521, 2000.
- P. Uhd Jepsen, B. Fisher, A. Thoman, H. Helm, J. Suh, R. Lopez, and R. Haglund, "Metal-insulator phase transition in a vo2 thin film observed with terahertz spectroscopy," Physical Review B, vol. 74, pp. 1–9, 2006.
- M. Koledintseva, R. DuBroff, and R. Schwartz, "A maxwell garnett model for dielectric mixtures containing conducting particles at optical frequencies," Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIER), vol. 63, pp. 223–242, 2006.
- M. Koledintseva, R. DuBroff, and R. Schwartz, "Maxwell garnett rule for dielectric mixtures with statistically distributed orientations of inclusions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research (PIER), vol. 99, pp. 131–148, 2009.
- V. Preault, R. Corcolle, L. Daniel, and L. Pichon, "Shielding effectiveness of composite materials: effect of inclusion shape," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, pp. 1941–1944, 2013.
- V. Preault, Methode d'homogeneisation pour la modelisation electromagnetique de materiaux composites. PhD Thesis (in French), Universite Paris Sud, 2013.
- “CST - computer simulation technology.” https:// wwww.cst.com/. Accessed: Oct. 2016.
- C. Baer, B. Hattenhorst, C. Shultz, B. Will, I. Rolfes, and T. Musch, "Analysis of composite materials with periodically aligned inclusions using 3d field simulations," in GeMiC 2016, pp. 120–123, 2016.
- T. Mori and R. Tanaka, "Average stress in matrix and average elastic energy of materials with misfitting inclusions," Acta Metall. Mater, vol. 21, pp. 597–629, 1973.
- Y. Liao, G. Shi, L. Yuan, and X. Ying, "Equivalent modeling of the microwave dielectric properties for fiber reinforced shielding composites," in 7th Asia Pacific International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2016.
- “COMSOL multiphysics.” https://www.comsol.fr/. Accessed: Oct. 2016.
- “FEKO em simulation solver.” https://www.feko.info/. Accessed: Oct. 2016.
- “EMPIRE xpu.” http://www.empire.de/. Accessed:Oct. 2016.
- “MATLAB - mathworks.” https://fr.mathworks.com/products/matlab/. Accessed: Oct. 2016.
- A. Gifuni, A. Sorrentino, A. Fanti, G. Ferrara, M. Migliaccio, G. Mazzarella, and F. Corona, "On the evaluation of the shielding effectiveness of an electrically large enclosure," Advanced Electromagentics, vol. 1, pp. 84–91, 2012.
- G. Bailly, J. Rossignol, B. de Fonseca, P. Pribetich, and D. Stuerga, "Microwave gas sensing with hematite: Shape effect on ammonia detection using pseudocubic, rhombohedral, and spindlelike particles," ACS Sensors, vol. early access, 2016.
- S. Lallechere, B. Jannet, P. Bonnet, and F. Paladian, "Sensitivity analysis to compute advanced stochastic problems in uncertain and complex electromagnetic environments," Advanced Electromagentics, vol. 1, pp. 13–23, 2012.
- S. Lallechere, C. Kasmi, J. Lopes Esteves, S. Girard, P. Bonnet, and F. Paladian, "Optimization of emc shielding procedures by means of statistical resampling: from mean trends to reliability assessments," in 4th Advanced Electromagnetics Symposium, AES 2016, 2016. C.
- Kasmi, S. Lallechere, J. Lopes Esteves, S. Girard, P. Bonnet, F. Paladian, and E. Prouff, "Stochastic emc/emi experiments optimization using re-sampling techniques," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 58, 2016.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).